Obi123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
OK, recieved my XL 2 days ago and I noticed a huge problem from ghosting image (or crosstalk to be correct). The guy who shipped (my friend) it said that he tested it from the seller and 3D was fine. So I think the problem was caused by shipping process and since it wasn't cover by insurance, I couldn't get them to pay.

About the XL 3D had really bad crosstalk. At 1/3rd of depth slider, 3D effect is already terrible that I can even see 2 images closing one eye. So guys, is there any thing I can do to fix it? I barely turn 3D on but still would like to fix the problem. People say that it is nature and to be expected on an XL, but mine was terrible compare to my cousin's. His XL's 3D was nearly perfect with sliiiiiiiiightly crosstalk when the slider at max.

Does this problem come from the screen itself or from the slider (the pod inside the slider)? I find screens on eachmall for $21 and speaker ribbon cable which contain 3D depth slider for $13. Would replacing these fix the problem? Also, some screws inside 3DS/XL/LL are extremely tight! Took me an insane torque to unscrew these guys...

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did you try the 3d calibration in the settings to see if the problem can be fixed on your side. Also it could be a defective unit, where the crosstalk just popped up. If the calibration doesn't work, try calling nintendo if it's in warranty and see if it's covered.

Reactions: Obi123

Gettwobirdsstone

Triforce Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know the older models have crosstalk if you're not looking at it right. I get it normally from all games, especially from fast paced games. And you personally looked at your cousin's 3ds? I have the xl model and it's not extreme as you state. So, if it's brand new, call Nintendo. did the 3d check have crosstalk as well?

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
To be honest, it sounds like your system is perfectly fine. There is 3D crosstalk on all old models, especially when you hold it too close to your face. Even the N3DS suffers from this, but not to the extend of the old one.

Obi123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendovn.com
XP
Country
I got this exact problem :(

My cousin XL 3D is like cristal clear with little to no ghost image. Mine has terrible 3D quality. But when 3D off, they both look the same. Couldn't figure out how to fix it. Not sure changing upper screen solve the problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol