Gaming 3DS worth it?

Shea68

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am planning on gettin a new DS fairly soon and think I am going to buy a 3DS but just wanted to ask for some feedback. I don't really have much urge to play any games in 3D but I would like to be able to have a better DS and also one that can play newer games. The problem i have is im wondering if I can use my acekard on it and then go play Zelda oot3d if I buy the actual game, or will it auto update and make my acekard unusable until they come out with new update? Thanks for feedback.

Slave

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'd suggest to wait for the 3DS XL... I love my 3DS but I'm really disapointed by the games on it so far... Beside Resident Evil Revelation and Kid Icarus, the game selection is very poor... the 3DS XL has better screens and better battery so way a couple of weeks and get that.

I love the 3DS's Streetpass function... if you have a lot of buddies that also have 3DS or if you're usually in a crowded place (school, shopping mal) you'll get more streetpass which is cool, and there's fun mini games with those.

Games on Carts doesnt update the console, so unless you dont plug your 3DS on the net you are safe from update messing up with flashcards. Console updates are mandatory if you set the console to get on the net automatically. Otherwise you're good.

But if you really only on planning Zelda on 3DS and thats it... maybe 3DS is not really for you. In that cas I'd say to get a normal DSi XL which is just as good, flash cards works on them perfectly.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
3DS+Nyko Power Grip Pro=Profit

Update your 3DS as much as you want.. Make sure that you check if the flashcart(if you intend to get any) works on the new update before you update.
Games on 3DS doesnt update your DS or have any kind of firmware requirement so far.
Always hit this thread first before checking if you should update or not:
http://gbatemp.net/topic/302773-firmware-update-compilation-thread/

Shea68

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks guys. And no I won't only be playing oot I was just using that as an example. So is there not much difference hardware wise between the DSi and the 3ds other than the 3d hardware obv.?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy