3DS won't boot

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by froggestspirit, Nov 14, 2014.

1. froggestspirit
    OP

froggestspirit D/P/Pt Demix Guy

Jul 28, 2011
    United States
    I have an original 3DS, and i got it broken. right now, it lights up the blue power led when i press the power button, but nothing else happens. i have to hold the power button for about 10 seconds to turn it off. The screen backlights do not light up in this 3ds
    -everything in the upperhalf is a new replacement
    -the bottom screen is cracked, though the backlight on both screens do work (hooked them up to my 2DS to test)
    -i have completely disassembled the 3ds to try and fix it, but it has not made a difference.
    -the power symptoms stay the same with everything disconnected (with battery)
    -the system charges with the battery in, but the charge only lasts 5 seconds if the battery is out
    -both fuses are still good
    -i have gotten it to turn on, and auto turn off with a popping noise about 3 times (i cant get it to do this consistantly)
    from what i understand, this seems to be the motherboard or nand? I tried using the wifi module from my 3DSXL, and same symptoms. My 2DS would boot aslong as the backlight was connected (or a backlight from the 3ds screens), so even with the screens and wifi module disconnected, i feel that it narrows it down to the board, or nand. Ive also tried this with/without a game and sd card. any ideas?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice