Hacking 3DS won't boot after Luma update

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As the title says - haven't used my 3DS in a while. Went back to it, turned it on, went into Luma 3DS updater and saw there was an update (from 7.1 to 8.1 I think) and now the thing won't turn on, the power light just fades on and off within a second when i press the power button and nothing else.

I haven't updated Boot9strap since that version of Luma so I'm guessing maybe that could be it - does anyone know how to solve this? Holding start at boot doesn't make any difference either

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
As the title says - haven't used my 3DS in a while. Went back to it, turned it on, went into Luma 3DS updater and saw there was an update (from 7.1 to 8.1 I think) and now the thing won't turn on, the power light just fades on and off within a second when i press the power button and nothing else.

I haven't updated Boot9strap since that version of Luma so I'm guessing maybe that could be it - does anyone know how to solve this? Holding start at boot doesn't make any difference either
I think that luma 8.1 needs B9S 1.3 (or 1.2). So download luma 7.1, update your B9S and update your luma again.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

britain4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Phew thank you for that, had a look on the SD card and it had made a boot.firm.bak file so I renamed that and all is now well on Luma 7.1, will now update everything!

Apologies for the silly question but it's hard keeping up if you just primarily game and don't keep up with all the latest hacks and stuff!

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Phew thank you for that, had a look on the SD card and it had made a boot.firm.bak file so I renamed that and all is now well on Luma 7.1, will now update everything!

Apologies for the silly question but it's hard keeping up if you just primarily game and don't keep up with all the latest hacks and stuff!
No problem. That's why does this amazing community exist :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🖕 JM :tpi::rofl2: