ROM Hack 3DS Video BETA

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
part two overlaps with the third one, thats right.
with the vlc media player I can play the second part full, but it´s too long for the 3DS so I can´t play the second part on the 3ds

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Think I figured out the bug with the splitting, checking now. Should have v0.21 up within about 20 minutes, with a fix for splitting videos and a few other little bugs. Hopefully then it will work for most people :P

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
v0.21 added to first post, should fix some of the bugs introduced in v0.20 (maybe I should test this more before releasing new versions....)

i tried converting a video but i can t find it with v0.2... there is no in the folder (any i try)

BTW... thanks a lot for this...

There were bugs in v0.2 that could have prevented the video from converting. Try v0.21.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
gamefaqs doesn't like gbatemp.
there's a topic there about this tool, but it links to a ds-scene topic and my post linking to this topic got deleted for breaking some piracy-related rule.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just saw 0.21 right after I posted. Already converted, waiting for the video to show up on my 3DS…

Nope, the video is still 2D.

EDIT: Wait, I think it might be the video. I'll try a different video.

EDIT: …nope, still 2D.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there's a topic there about this tool, but it links to a ds-scene topic and my post linking to this topic got deleted for breaking some piracy-related rule.

Maybe I should tell them to remove it if they refuse to link here :P

Yeah, just saw 0.21 right after I posted. Already converted, waiting for the video to show up on my 3DS…

Nope, the video is still 2D.

Would you be able to try with v0.15? It seemed to work I think, if it works for you I'll see what I've changed that could cause the problem between 0.15 and 0.2.

spark1223

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone be interested if I made a program to download and convert 3ds programs from popular video sites (youtube) all in one swoop?

xxNathanxx

Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
It's because DS-Scene is mentioned on many major news sites, as they were the first to make a news post about it. GBAtemp still hasn't.

Stylpe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hey, SifJar, great job on this!

I want to mention a trick: Use subroutines for the file splitting. I took the liberty of creating a gist to show you how it's done. https://gist.github.com/1448692

I'd love to help improve it further, but if you already knew about this, I'll shut up and wait patiently :)

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I could have done that if I'd thought of it, but I don't think it makes much difference, other than making the code a little neater and reducing the resulting size of the program. When I get it working for everyone, I intend to tidy the source a bit.

Feel free to make more suggestions though. If you can work out why v0.21 doesn't seem to work for 3D videos, I would be very happy :D

the videos made by the 3ds have 2 videos streams, while the program output only one.

in v0.15, there were definitely the two streams correctly. but it seems that between that and v0.20, i managed to ruin that somehow...

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Nope, 0.15 doesn't work either. I get "This video's format is not supported. It cannot be displayed.", just like I did with 0.1. So far none of the versions work for 3D video, and only 0.2 and 0.21 work for 2D videos for me.

unicode2CP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I have problem with converting top-bottom video (http://youtu.be/jPnM4E-tvT0), converted file is missing. Any help please?!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu