Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
3DS Video v1.00

NOTE: This software has been discontinued. Downloads still available at bottom of post, but it is no longer updated.

This is a quick little GUI tool I threw together to convert videos for 3DS, based on the findings by spinal_cord posted here: http://www.socoder.n...php?blogs=29000

This program can convert virtually any video to the format required for 3DS. It can convert both 3D and 2D videos (3D videos in either top-bottom or side-by-side formats).

Screenshot

wSkIY.jpg

Options

Source Video - Choose the video you want to convert
Video Folder - Folder to place converted video in (e.g. 3DS video folder)
Format - Type of 3D video, or 2D video
Quality - Quality (31 is lowest, 1 is max)
Advanced... - Show advanced options (replace Quality with Bitrate & FPS)
Bitrate - Bitrate of converted video
FPS - FPS of converted video

Notes

32-bit FFmpeg is included. Feel free to replace with 64-bit version from here: http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ (shouldn't affect program, but should probably make conversion a bit faster on 64-bit CPUs)

I think I have included all the necessary licenses etc (and possibly a bunch of extras to prevent the risk of not supplying all necessary ones) - if you notice anything missing, let me know so I can add it.

WARNING: The output folder cannot have spaces anywhere in the path (e.g. "C:\Documents and Settings\Username\3DS Videos" or "C:\3D Videos") or it will not work. [there is now an error given if you choose a path with a space in it] Ideally, plug in your SD card and choose the folder on it containing any photos/videos taken with the 3DS camera as the output folder, and then you won't have to manually copy any files.

Features that may get added
  • Mirrored input added
  • Remembering video folder location added
  • Direct YouTube downloading (?)
Changelog
-=v1.00=-
  • GUI rewrite by amzg
  • Mirrored input option fixed by amzg
  • Progress bars added by BelowZero and amzg
  • New error if destination folder has spaces
  • GUI is disabled while converting
-=v0.30=-
  • Added mirrored input option
  • Added option for 480x240 resolution (default is still 400x240)
-=v0.23=-
  • More bug fixes (thanks to amzg, xxNathanxx and Guy.brush)
  • Remembers video folder
  • Source tidied up a bit
-=v0.22=-
  • Fix splitting 3D video (thanks to Stylpe)
-=v0.21=-
  • Fixing (some of) the bugs of v0.2
-=v0.20=-
  • Added auto-splitting of files
  • Added "Advanced..." options
-=v0.15=-
  • Fixed bugs of v0.1
-=v0.10=-
  • Initial release
Credits/Thanks
  • spinal - figuring out the conversion
  • amzg - fixing several bugs, GUI rewrite, working on progress bars
  • BelowZero - getting progress bars working
  • Styple - fixing bugs
  • xxNathanxx - suggesting bug fix
  • Guy.brush - suggesting bug fix
  • Everyone behind FFMPEG and AutoHotKey for making great and easy to use tools
  • You, for testing and possibly putting up with broken versions
Download
:download: : [FileTrip] - Source included​
Use the "unofficial" version below, it's just better.
"Unofficial" version
Between the users amzg and BelowZero, v1.10 v1.32 has been created : [Download Here]
This release has improved progress bars and an added "Keep Aspect Ratio" option. These features will most likely be merged into the next "official" release if there is one. This build is the one to use, and all credit goes to amzg for "Keep Aspect Ratio" and to BelowZero for the improved progress bars.​
Some people have reported issues with this version. If you cannot get working videos with it, try v1.0 above. However, it is probably your fault if it is not working, not the fault of the program, and so v1.00 probably won't make a difference

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
needs a mirrored input option.
i was converting with a .bat until now, and one of the videos i converted ended up having the depth reversed because left and right where switched around.
other than that, thanks for the conversion GUI.

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
awesome, thank you.
did you cover the 10minute split, posted by "DiscostewSM" in the other thread,

Code:
del VID_*.AVI
del newVideo.avi
ffmpeg -i %1 -s 400x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 13 -acodec copy "newVideo.avi"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:00:00 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0001.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:09:59 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0002.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:19:58 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0003.AVI"
ffmpeg -i "newVideo.avi" -vcodec copy -acodec adpcm_ima_wav -ac 2 -ss 00:29:57 -t 00:09:59 "VID_0004.AVI"

and if so, how long can the video originally be???

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thedicemaster: I'll try and add that sometime soon.

beenii: Nope. Again, I'll perhaps try that soon.

In all honesty, this app will probably be replaced by a superior program within a week or two anyway. I figured I'd just push something out in the meantime that "does the job".

BTW, have either of you tried it yet to see if it actually works? :P

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nope :D . but im testing now, if you want to.

edit: must have done something wrong.i have a "side-by-side" video on my 3ds now.... hmmmmm

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
multi-core/hyperthreading support would be nice too.
ffmpeg does this by adding "-threads N" where N is the number of cores

Daku93

Trophies
Website
usrcheat.cwsurf.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Mirrored is pretty easy...

If you use the exact same command-line options like described here, you just have to change this:

ffmpeg -y -i "video.avi" -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -vf crop=400:240:0:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -ab 96k -ac 2 "left.avi"

ffmpeg -y -i "video.avi" -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -vf crop=400:240:400:0 -an "right.avi"

into this:

ffmpeg -y -i "video.avi" -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -vf crop=400:240:400:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -ab 96k -ac 2 "left.avi"

ffmpeg -y -i "video.avi" -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -vf crop=400:240:0:0 -an "right.avi"

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@renes2: just wait until it tells you, that it is done

@sifjar: unfortunaltly its not working for me. i only get a sidebyside-video, as if it would convert my original side-by-side to a standart 2d copy in .avi. but could be me causing the problem. better wait for others to confirm/deny

Reactions: 1 person

renes2

~New World~
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
DO i something wrong? After this, i get a "left.avi" and a "right.avi", ....

It was ment to help SifJar implementing a method for Videos where the left image is right and the right one is left. If you use this without the other commands it'll not work...

that means, i cant convert my 3D Yt video to 3DS Format with this Tool? ô..o

@renes2: just wait until it tells you, that it is done

öhh, -{renes2 is confused}-

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@renes2: in the process of creating the video, it creates a left and right avi and at the end it combines them to one file and deletes the left and right .avi. at least, thats what should happen. i can pn you a link of a small youtube-clip i already converted, if you want to

Reactions: 1 person

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This works like a charm! The only way it could get better, is if it could directly get the video off of youtube, or could surpass the 10 minute limit.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried it, but no luck but it may have something to do with the video i downloaded

I DL'd a vid from youtube using the side by side option, then converted it using your tool,
the video was converted then when i played it in the 3DS, it was also side by side. lol
i Dont know what I did wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared