ROM Hack 3DS Video BETA

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you put it in the correct folder on the 3DS? I think it's "DCIM" and then inside another folder inside that one. Take a picture with the 3DS, find it on the SD card then copy the videos to the same folder as the picture is in.

just tried still not working

btw my videos r showing as VID_0010 and HINI_0010

There should only ever be three letters, so HINI is wrong. HIN would be OK.

oky thanks i'll try now

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyway to drop the file size? I am using
2D, Max quality settings, What does the 480x240 do?
Yeah, don't use max quality settings. Obvious, much?

And 480x240 puts it in 480x240 resolution. Useless if you are using 2D, but with 3D videos, that resolution adds the ability to change the angle of the 3D or something.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you put it in the correct folder on the 3DS? I think it's "DCIM" and then inside another folder inside that one. Take a picture with the 3DS, find it on the SD card then copy the videos to the same folder as the picture is in.

hey bro i tried again AND THEY STILL WONT SHOW XwX

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I don't know why that is. You must be doing something wrong, and I don't know what. As I said in the first post, I don't own a 3DS, I haven't tried any of this personally.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
If it heps mine always show as vid_0001 and vid_0002, I just take a picture, and put the video files in the folder that the picture is in and it works.

horcruxrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

yeah man i am with sifjar on this one. i cant tell what you are doing wrong truthfully. i own a 3ds and i have been getting results since the beginning so it definitely works correctly. ok just get a SBS put it in the converter. it should show all of the specs for the video on the top and basically. just go ahead and match what ever of those you can (rounding down on the frame rate if it has a decimal). depending on the video i have noticed sometimes keep aspect ratio might not be the best choice, but i only had trouble with that on gameplay videos of dead space 2 and what not from youtube. usually i have been checking keep aspect ratio. click side by side, put bitrate in the advanced settings to like 4000 or something, even though truthfully i have been doing like 8000 and 10000 and the quality is nice but they are way bigger and it takes longer. i use volume 250 put 1 audio stream, stereo, and again just make sure the audio specs are close enough to what the video has, even though it doesnt matter. i have been jacking them all up it just takes a long time when all the extra stuff is added. either way just do that, and just have them all save to a folder, if its a big movie it will be easier, take whatever of the clips from the video, because remember 10 min clips and put it in the same folder, as you know, with your pictures and videos. it should load that sucker up because i have putting quite a bit and it works for me. pretty much watched every 3d bluray available so far. imax are the best; just saying. seriously though problems should only really be happening when you start going over 30 frames. and sometimes even then. just do no more than 24 or less if the video already is, just to try to get it working. just do it all minimal to get it working then jack them up after it reads.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country

yeah man i am with sifjar on this one. i cant tell what you are doing wrong truthfully. i own a 3ds and i have been getting results since the beginning so it definitely works correctly. ok just get a SBS put it in the converter. it should show all of the specs for the video on the top and basically. just go ahead and match what ever of those you can (rounding down on the frame rate if it has a decimal). depending on the video i have noticed sometimes keep aspect ratio might not be the best choice, but i only had trouble with that on gameplay videos of dead space 2 and what not from youtube. usually i have been checking keep aspect ratio. click side by side, put bitrate in the advanced settings to like 4000 or something, even though truthfully i have been doing like 8000 and 10000 and the quality is nice but they are way bigger and it takes longer. i use volume 250 put 1 audio stream, stereo, and again just make sure the audio specs are close enough to what the video has, even though it doesnt matter. i have been jacking them all up it just takes a long time when all the extra stuff is added. either way just do that, and just have them all save to a folder, if its a big movie it will be easier, take whatever of the clips from the video, because remember 10 min clips and put it in the same folder, as you know, with your pictures and videos. it should load that sucker up because i have putting quite a bit and it works for me. pretty much watched every 3d bluray available so far. imax are the best; just saying. seriously though problems should only really be happening when you start going over 30 frames. and sometimes even then. just do no more than 24 or less if the video already is, just to try to get it working. just do it all minimal to get it working then jack them up after it reads.

THANKS MAN I'L TRY NOW

gbatemp ppl r awesome !!!!

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I thought the max results you get are 20 fps ? ? ? ? ? ? That's the whole reason I gave up on doing this, gonna get a 3d laptop instead. But man if you could get 24 fps I would shit myself

FencingFoxFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
v_v still not working
i dont know why these videos wont show

- put SD inside the 3DS.

- update your 3DS firmware. older firmware doesn't support videos.

- take a random photo, if you haven't yet. this will generate the correct folder.

- turn off the 3DS, take the SD out and put it in your computer.

- look for the folder inside the DCIM folder. you should see the pic you took in there. that's the folder where you can drop the videos.

- now go to the Video Converter program. if your video is side-by-side, then only select that option. I always lower the Audio Bitrate to 64. don't change anything else for testing purposes.

- convert, then copy the result to the folder with your random pic.

- put SD in the 3DS, fire up the camera app again and test.

- if that worked, then you can go back to the program and experiment with it.

good luck.

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
v_v still not working
i dont know why these videos wont show

- put SD inside the 3DS.

- update your 3DS firmware. older firmware doesn't support videos.

- take a random photo, if you haven't yet. this will generate the correct folder.

- turn off the 3DS, take the SD out and put it in your computer.

- look for the folder inside the DCIM folder. you should see the pic you took in there. that's the folder where you can drop the videos.

- now go to the Video Converter program. if your video is side-by-side, then only select that option. I always lower the Audio Bitrate to 64. don't change anything else for testing purposes.

- convert, then copy the result to the folder with your random pic.

- put SD in the 3DS, fire up the camera app again and test.

- if that worked, then you can go back to the program and experiment with it.

good luck.

i already have my 3ds updated.
maybe its the converter mine is v1.00

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
v1.o is what I used, so it's not that.

dont know what else to tell ya. hope you can figure it out.
thanks man.

i have converted ALOT of videos but only 2 could show on my 3ds all the other dosnt show.
i even deleted everything in the pic folder and puted the new vids in it but it just says "no videos"

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
GUYS I JUST FOUND OUT WHATS WRONG!!!!
its the videos them self.
oky sooo the vids im converting r in super epicly hi-def.
and since i have slow net i downloaded them from my black berry.( a site called duoberry)
and all 30 vids i downloaded didnt convert .
anyway i found some vids i downloaded like 3 years ago from youtube and guess what they all showed on my 3ds !

and now im looking for a program that converts 2d vids into 3d side by side.
i have a program called MediaConverter 7.5 which worked great untle now.....

so any good programs?

>.> sorry for my bad english. i learned it from tv lol and video games LOOOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Did they make a tomb raider for N64?