ROM Hack 3DS Video BETA

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure this has been asked before, I don't want to search through all the pages..
But can you add Splitting video longer than 10 mins into different sections?
I'd love to watch 3D movies on my 3DS

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What's left? ohh the "1900" date problem...is it a way to implement a fix for this on the application itself?
If there is a fix for the problem out there, please direct me/us to it and I/we will try to implement it (I personally will quite possibly fail, but perhaps amzg or BelowZero will succeed :P )
There's an application like this one http://gbatemp.net/topic/315624-3dsencodegui-a-multiplatform-gui-encoding-tool-to-the-3ds/ for Linux and I think it has an option for this. I don't know if it truly works but maybe the author can explain what is it and if he knows some code he could share.

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm downloading it now, dunno if source is included or whatever, but if it is I'll have a look into it.

EDIT: Found the source: https://github.com/spidey/3DSEncode

EDIT: It looks like it just adds the date in the metadata using ffmpeg, like this:

-metadata date={whatever date}

Not sure exactly how the date should be formatted, but I also suspect this may not work - I'm guessing this is similar to what abcAVI does, and it apparently doesn't work. If anyone can report if 3DSEncode DOES work, I will happily implement this. Until then, I will assume it does not work.

EDIT: Looks like date should be YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No. You never did, this program has named them properly since v0.15.

EDIT: "unofficial" v1.10 added to the first post, thanks to [member='amzg'] and [member='BelowZero']

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I'm downloading it now, dunno if source is included or whatever, but if it is I'll have a look into it.

EDIT: Found the source: https://github.com/spidey/3DSEncode

EDIT: It looks like it just adds the date in the metadata using ffmpeg, like this:

-metadata date={whatever date}

Not sure exactly how the date should be formatted, but I also suspect this may not work - I'm guessing this is similar to what abcAVI does, and it apparently doesn't work. If anyone can report if 3DSEncode DOES work, I will happily implement this. Until then, I will assume it does not work.

EDIT: Looks like date should be YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM

I think I remember trying this and it not working, maybe I implemented it wrong, I'll give this one a go and see if it works :)

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probably, has anyone even tested that app?
I'm looking at that thread and the replies and you gain zero feedback because first the app is targeted for Linux then they make a Mac version discontinuing support for the previous OS and people don't reply weather it works or not in first place, they only reply things like "I can't get it to work on System X" it is unlike here that everyone made reports, suggestions and unofficial support in a very progressive way.

horcruxrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have been having good luck with sounds on movies (tron, harry potter, res evil, clash of the titans, etc) with doing 256 bitrate and 700 sound. if it does distort, which it only did for like one movie at one point, you can just adjust sound but that seems to be working well. for video i have been doing basically 9000 to 10000 bitrate and 20 fps. when its a good rip from the 3d bluray i have been getting excellent quality. even converting from the ones already done for the Evo 3D they work well. has anyone found better quality from doing other combinations?

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This app seems really useful, it'd be amazing if it could do longer vids tho. =O
Btw, does this support matroska files? I tried adding a mkv file once, although it was an anime ep so it had well over 10 minutes so it kinda got stuck at converting. xP
Did that happen because of the time of the vid or because of the file type?

Anyway, other than that it works just fine with small things. =3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Start rubbing