3DS Version 10.5 Homebrew and 10.6 Downgrade

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
Guys I leaked the changelog for the next update.

6ZqZPNd.png

Oh look some one that works for Nintendo, or should I say did work for Nintendo, or perhaps you're a game dev?

Last edited by jimmyleen,

jimmyleen

Trophies
XP
Country
This will be a bit of a rant and off topic but oh well. Do we have better ways to keep our 3DS's from updating? Honestly after all these years you would think we would be smart enough to know we can't keep using our routers at home to keep theme from updating. What if we want to connect our 3DS's on public wifi what then?

Last edited by jimmyleen,

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be a bit of a rant and off topic but oh well. Do we have better ways to keep our 3DS's from updating? Honestly after all these years you would think we would be smart enough to know we can't keep using our routers at home to keep theme from updating. What if we want to connect our 3DS's on public wifi what then?

Tubehax, easy enough to look up if you can't memorize it. When you set up a new wifi, just change the DNS to tubehax and you're protected.

MionissNio

Trophies
XP
It's rather a n00b wave

But they're taking longer than usual. Are they waiting for something? :P
Nope I might be noob I know but checked MD5 hashes and stuff and still fucked up my N3DS due it having the Update nag...... Which was not mentioned in the tutorial to be removed.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If there will be an entry method that doesn't already require an entry method I might try this out.
Ironhax essentially died and Menuhax just stopped working for me from one day to another without updating the system.

wuboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait wait wait wait wait
If we have memchunkhax2 back up and running, can we get back installing legit cias?

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, long guide. Gonna have to wait until the weekend to try this otherwise I'll be up all night lol.

amoulton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just click no. Never had a problem lol

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So just to clarify, those of us with browserless 8.1 N3DS can now upgrade to 9.2?

1) Update to 10.6 through system settings.
2) Delete existing update folder and launch Sysupdater through HBL using Cubic Ninja.
3) Downgrade to 9.2.
4) ???
5) Profit.

That should be everything, right? Any reported N3DS bricks?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
So just to clarify, those of us with browserless 8.1 N3DS can now upgrade to 9.2?

1) Update to 10.6 through system settings.
2) Delete existing update folder and launch Sysupdater through HBL using Cubic Ninja.
3) Downgrade to 9.2.
4) ???
5) Profit.

That should be everything, right? Any reported N3DS bricks?
A few softbricks that were recoverable, and a fulbrick because the person used the O3DS update files on N3DS :)

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's the special recovery mode to take advantage of if the downgrade does go wrong and get back to 10.6, that is until 10.7 is released. Strike while the iron is hot?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative