Hardware 3DS updates

lucario94

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everybody,

I have bought an used white 3DS XL from ebay that is faulty, so I don't know what firmware it is currently running. Though what I got out of the seller is that the 3DS was preinstalled with mario kart 7 and that it was last used before august, so I can assume that if it was not updated it should be running either 4.5 or lower firmware. If not for one but. Let's say that 3DS was used for playing mario kart 7 online so wifi was constantly on. Will 3DS just give a notification at the top right of the bottom screen or will it pop up some update window, so the person that used 3DS would naturally agree to update? The thing is 3DS was used by an older age man and if there were no update pop ups I would presume that he didn't update it. Yes, of course, I could wait and check what firmware it is running my self but I don't want to miss out on auctions for gateway compatible 3DS if the one that I have bought is on higher firmwares. Thank you for your answers.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If an update is downloaded it will give a big ass in your face pop up with a button to install it every time you start it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1