Homebrew 3DS Updates End By The End Of The Year?

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was watching the latest video on The Know and reported that Nintendo is halting all production of Wii U and 3DS related ware by the end of the year.

Other than the fact that there will be no more "Stability Updates".
What does this mean for the community? ( other than that someone might decide to find an exploit for the final version if at all possible if they bring out a last update for the handheld )

Further use of all the 3DS's processing power?
Emulators see less updates?
etc...

P

PaiiNSteven

Yeah, I saw this and was a tad worried aswell. They haven't said anything directly about 3ds.

P

PaiiNSteven

Are you talking about the show or Nintendo? And they will most likely talk about it while discussing the NX.
Neither; I saw the phrase 'wii u' trending on twitter, so i read a few articles and got my facts straight.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neither; I saw the phrase 'wii u' trending on twitter, so i read a few articles and got my facts straight.

They won't talk about stopping production of the handheld and console until they talk about the NX, talking about stopping a console while releasing nothing about future plans wouldn't be the best idea in my opinion.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they do stop with the updates, there will be a small time frame between that and interest by home brew devs to develop for what maybe considered by them to be obsolete hardware.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nintendo might stop producing the wii u by the end of this year and move on to the nx, but they could already have millions of wii u's ready to sell and simply not need to make anymore.
the 3ds on the other hand there is absolutely no way they'll keep making those and games for those for probably a year after the next handheld is released it's their big seller.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really dont see them killing off the 3ds or the wii u. Doing so would just piss alot of people off that either, for some reason, dont want a NX or they cant afford it at the time of release. Its kinda hard to believe that they would just kill something off that alot of people use. I was planning on getting a wii u until I heard that they are haulting production of it. i still use my 3ds alot and id hope they wouldnt kill it off as well with sun and moon coming out.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really dont see them killing off the 3ds or the wii u. Doing so would just piss alot of people off that either, for some reason, dont want a NX or they cant afford it at the time of release. Its kinda hard to believe that they would just kill something off that alot of people use. I was planning on getting a wii u until I heard that they are haulting production of it. i still use my 3ds alot and id hope they wouldnt kill it off as well with sun and moon coming out.

The problem is though, they never announced which platform Sun & Moon would run off of. It may not run on the Wii U or 3DS.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is though, they never announced which platform Sun & Moon would run off of. It may not run on the Wii U or 3DS.
As the video said, i think it may be a 3ds/NX release. I dont even recall an actual pokemon game being on the wii u(I might be wrong, never used one)

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I can see the Wii U stopping production because they are probably sitting on a ton of unsold units, but the 3DS? No way. Its their main money maker atm and still have a ton of games that are coming out in the next year or two.

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wii u could be possible but not the 3ds lol that things prints money like a goddamn minigun lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?