• Replies 154
  • Likes 1

Duo8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I'm really annoyed with these updates that just "fixes stability"... I wish they could state what they did a little more in depth like steam does for example.
"Fix buffer overflow from malformed voice packets", "Fix handling of corrupt data during downloads", "Fixed several small memory leaks in the Steam client" etc... Those are GOOD changelogs.. "Improved stability" is not.

www.3dbrew.org/wiki/8.0.0-18
Someone will figure it out anyway.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just reading several articles all linked back to IGN. Nintendo is apparently rumored to be doing a major upgrade to the eshops and the virtual consoles. And they have been doing server upgrades since E3

oslash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
im going to get a gateway soon, since i wont be able to update emunand i want to ask

would i still be able to use the omega features? (multi-rom and eshop games)

BlackRekuzza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I'm a cheap skate so I just went with one of those R4i Dual Core 2014 ones they seem to be still updating the 2013 and 2014 so I am happy enough!

It's really wonderfull=3 I used one of these (2013 version) but accidentially updated console before updaiting the firmware=(

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
Uh hi, here we go again. I have R4iSDHC for the 3DS (2DS actually) and this new update, 8.0.0 is it going to be ok if I update it? Um you know, will my R4 still work? It's the only game I currently have in my 2DS since I already finished some 3DS games. I am playing old DS games. Please tell me it's safe >.<

I also checked the R4iSDHC website but it didn't mention the 8.0.0 update in there (just the previous 7.2 that I currently have).

Kouen Hasuki

Coffee Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Uh hi, here we go again. I have R4iSDHC for the 3DS (2DS actually) and this new update, 8.0.0 is it going to be ok if I update it? Um you know, will my R4 still work? It's the only game I currently have in my 2DS since I already finished some 3DS games. I am playing old DS games. Please tell me it's safe >.<

I also checked the R4iSDHC website but it didn't mention the 8.0.0 update in there (just the previous 7.2 that I currently have).

from what I can see it is fine

From http://r4isdhc.com.cn/ :
NOTICE:
2014-07-08 2014 R4i sdhc (Silver/White/Gold pro) Card Supporting the latest 3DS V8.0.0-18 and DSI V1.45 in the world
Our cards support directly 3DS latest version V8.0.0-18 and NDSi V1.45,no need update anymore,free games forever

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please tell me it's safe >.<

If you are interested in a 3DS-mode flashcart or running 3DS homebrew, do not update unless you absolutely have to. No need to update if you are only playing DS mode games. Maybe it's a one-in-a-hundred chance, but if it's "free" by not upgrading, who not take it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu