Hardware 3DS update imminent?

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after seeing the kiosk 3DSes around Gamestop, Walmart, and Bestbuy I noticed they all had one thing in common: an update I haven't seen in 3DSes. Now, I've heard of the SM3DL update but these consoles had OoT or Pilotwings in them. Here's a pic I grabbed of one. Maybe the November update is soon? :unsure:

2rrmb8o.jpg

On a side note, the 3DS had 27 streetpass tags. It was in Gamestop. :P

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Interesting, thanks for the pic.

I think this must be a kiosk-only update given that it's actually a lower number than the most current update of 2.2.0-4 and it hasn't been seen before. It would be interesting to know why a kiosk-only firmware was necessary.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, thanks for the pic.

I think this must be a kiosk-only update given that it's actually a lower number than the most current update of 2.2.0-4 and it hasn't been seen before. It would be interesting to know why a kiosk-only firmware was necessary.

Beta? I honestly have no clue. It didn't add any features and wasn't a debug 3DS so maybe it was an update to get rid of the debug features?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...