Hardware 3DS Turns on, but won't boot.

bobbio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost certain this is a physical problem as this happened when i dropped it, but i feel it's not too major as there is no outer damage. When it happened, the game I was playing (SSB) froze, so i attempted to reboot and found that only the blue light was turning on. Later in the day it turned on, but it froze up after 30 mins and repeated. It's been a few days now and it hasn't turned on since. I've taken out the sd card, the battery, let it die, and tons of things. I'm currently attempting to find the correct screwdriver to open the back up and see if any of the insides are broken. I would really prefer to not bring it in to a repair service, so if you guys have any idea what I should do, please tell me.

Note: I am on Luma CFW if that helps

bobbio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I did a ton of research and it turns out that the wifi card is on the front of the motherboard... the part facing away from you when you intially open it. Getting to it would require me to buy a bunch of tools, get past all of the delicate insides, and seat the wifi card back in. I REALLY don't want to risk messing my 3ds up more, I'll see if I can bring it to get fixed for a reasonable price. Thanks for your guy's input, a pro should have no problem fixing my 3ds if it's just the wifi card, so I'm sort of relieved.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I did a ton of research and it turns out that the wifi card is on the front of the motherboard... the part facing away from you when you intially open it. Getting to it would require me to buy a bunch of tools, get past all of the delicate insides, and seat the wifi card back in. I REALLY don't want to risk messing my 3ds up more, I'll see if I can bring it to get fixed for a reasonable price. Thanks for your guy's input, a pro should have no problem fixing my 3ds if it's just the wifi card, so I'm sort of relieved.
All you really need is a tri-wing, philips, and something to pry with, to open the damn thing up, then all you need is a wifi card.

RockmanYoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same problem, but I was able to do a system update. Could it still be the wifi or another cable? The 3d lights turn on as well and the 3d seems to work when a screen comes up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Flamingo is such a good song 🥰🥰