3DS Top Screen Occasional Vertical Line

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Lanlan, Apr 24, 2013.

Apr 24, 2013
  1. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    Guise, halp. Sometimes, my 3DS's top screen has a weird vertical line show up for like a half-second. I just started noticing it yesterday, and the only game I've been playing is Fire Emblem Awakening, only in 3D, if that's of any significance. Is this artifacting? Loose connection?

2. avran89

Member avran89 ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!

United States
    I've never heard of that problem and I've been grinding on Fire Emblem for hours since I got it a few weeks ago. If you suspect the screen is damaged I would call Nintendo and get it sent in, especially if you're still under warranty.

3. Lanlan
    OP

Member Lanlan Tits

United States
    No warranty, and I checked on their site and they wanna charge me $85. Think I'll just buy a new 3DS. Maybe an XL.

4. avran89

Member avran89 ALWB 4 LIFE!!! MOOSE!!!

United States
    Unfortunate, I would check if there is a local electronic shop where you live to the repairs cheaper. Or just live it the damaged screen until you get a XL version.

If the screen isn't that noticeable, I would try to trade it in at Gamestop toward the cost of a new/used XL

5. Green

Newcomer Green Newbie

Canada
    Is it due to the bugs in Fire Emblem? I had the same problem with a gray line occasionally appearing, sliding down the screen, and then appearing on the other side sometimes.