Hacking 3ds Top Screen Half Dark after Luma 3ds

KVPrasad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
After formatting to A9LH my OLD 3ds has half the top screen darkened. It only happens on the homescreen and nintendo apps. Going to the Luma config screen is fine. Everything before the system "OS" starts is fine, when loading a game, the screen is fine too.

When I do a system reset the screen works fine. But then after a while it goes back to the same. See attached pics. I am convinced this is a software issue, since formatting works fine and games work file, just the homescreen and official apps broken.

Any ideas on a fix.

IMG_1637.JPG IMG_1638.JPG IMG_1636.JPG

Last edited by KVPrasad,

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
After formatting to A9LH my OLD 3ds has half the top screen darkened. It only happens on the homescreen and nintendo apps. Going to the Luma config screen is fine. Everything before the system "OS" starts is fine, when loading a game, the screen is fine too.

When I do a system reset the screen works fine. But then after a while it goes back to the same. See attached pics. I am convinced this is a software issue, since formatting works fine and games work file, just the homescreen and official apps broken.

Any ideas on a fix.

View attachment 59916 View attachment 59919 View attachment 59915
Restore a previous nand backup.

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
well this is awkward. Any chance of doing this without a band backup? I deleted all my files after I finished.
Create a Emunand and downgrade it to 9.2 via plaisyspdater and then update it to 11.0 and then move the emunand to the Sysnand with Hourglass9 and choose keep a9lh.

Last edited by DarkGabbz,

KVPrasad

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I thought it was hardware too, but a system format ALWAYS fixes the issue, and games ALWAYS load properly without fail. Also after a system format, the console works properly till a second boot. Which led me to rule out a hardware fault.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it