3ds title updates database?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by erikas, Mar 27, 2016.

1. erikas
    OP

erikas GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    In order to download title updates for wii u, you need to use Uwizard or NUSgrabber to download them directly from nintendo servers to your pc. I discovered that a similar app, 3DNUS(https://gbatemp.net/threads/3dnus.376488/) exists for the same purpouse. However to use it, you need to know the title ID and version. For the wii u this is well documented here http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database . I can't find anything similar for 3ds, does anyone know how can i get 3ds title update id's and versions?

2. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    3dsdb.com

3. erikas
    OP

erikas GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2015
    i can only find full game id's there, no title updates, or are they the same? if so, how do i know which version to download

4. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    I've been thinking the same. I'll just wait for some answers :D

5. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    沖縄県
  6. legend80

legend80 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2016
    United States
    It's still not clear.

1) Where can we find 'title updates' for all 3DS games?
    2) How exactly do we apply those TUs to games?

Thanks in advance!

7. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    are you talking about game updates from the eshop? ill make it easy for you. title updates can be found as .cia files over at the the forbidden to link to chaotic 3ds places where roms are found. there are several threads in those places with usa, eur, and JAP update files. I do not think you can download those files with 3dnus (correct me if im wrong).

8. legend80

legend80 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Appreciate the info. I was more talking about a db with what games have what updates. I figured armed with that info, we could then use 3Dnus to download the TUs and then apply them somehow to our cia/3ds files. Sorry just not clear on this whole process.

That's effectively how Wii-U updates work - I've updated all of my Wii-U games via Unwizard pretty easily to the latest game update. Give it the game id, the TU info, it downloads, you copy/overwrite the game files. Boom, game updated.

My intent is also to just run them via Citra. I've gone here, but there is a ton of missing updates/games. Smash Bros. is a perfect example, since there's been numerous updates.

So (1) Looking for something like this: http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Title_database#0005000C:_eShop_title_DLC

And (2) a mechanism to actually download/apply it.

Last edited by legend80, Jul 8, 2016