Hacking 3DS System Update April 25th! Will Flashcards still work?

japzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*ahem*
http://gbatemp.net/t...ate-coming-425/

EDIT: Anyways, chances of them being blocked is 99%. So don't update until your flashcard firmware is updated.

I know that the news was posted but I was wondering about Flashcards working. I hope they get updated fast because I want to be able to use those folders and missing out on the eShop will suck too.

SSVAV

Lurker in space
Trophies
XP
Country
France
the shortcut issues also incude the other gltiches that save like 3 seconds?

They mentioned "shortcuts" in plural, so I think it's for several of them. Now Nintendo is known to have poor, if not none post-release following, so I will not be surprised to see they only fixed the most blatant ones (Maka Wuhu)

loco365

Trophies
XP
Team Acekard did just recently issue an update, so it might not be blocked.

But then, Nintendo is pretty fast at issuing these kinds of fixes so yeah.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
They will be blocked and will never work again...
No they won't...

What will happen is what happens EVERY SINGLE TIME!
Nintendo releases update, makes most flashcards blocked, flashcard is patched and works again.
Nothing new is going to happen and it's safe to just update, cause you can always patch your flashcard.

Reactions: 5 people

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They will be blocked and will never work again...
No they won't...

What will happen is what happens EVERY SINGLE TIME!
Nintendo releases update, makes most flashcards blocked, flashcard is patched and works again.
Nothing new is going to happen and it's safe to just update, cause you can always patch your flashcard.
Maybe, maybe not.
You can see Team Acekard were hesitant to publish their DSi 1.4.4 fix because now they will probably be blocked by the upcoming 3DS update.
They don't seem to pick just any DS title for their exploit, from Fish Tycoon, to Spongebob, to Alex Rider and the one they use now, there are probably a limited supply of titles that can be exploited, and if used will be patched.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
They'll likely just give the new 1.4.4 DSi flashcart blocklist to the 3DS.

After... the 3DS isn't the DSi so they might have some extra surprises other than the folders.

[YOU DON'T SAY mode on]
Golden rule: If you use flashcarts just wait, because if you update and don't have a dslite/old DSi on hand you're f*cked.
Wait once your card is verified working on the new firmware or get the new update, update your card then update your 3DS.
Respect this you'll never have any problems.
[/YOU DON'T SAY mode off]

Reactions: 1 person

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the shortcut issues also incude the other gltiches that save like 3 seconds?
I hope so, Maka Wuhu was actually the less annoying of the glitches.
There's a glitch you can pull off towards the end of Wuhu Island Loop, that can skip a few seconds. Since the end of that track is usually uneventful, anybody can pull this stunt off online can usually secure themselves in the first few places when they cross the finish line.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it's safe to just update, cause you can always patch your flashcard.
SAFE! ALWAYS!
well ....
unless the cards team decides they want money and tells you to buy a newer cart that is...
or they just vanish...
or you update your DS before you update the cart and then can't update the cart because the DS does not recognise it anymore...

but beside that minor inconviniences its totally save.
UPDATE UR DS NAO!!! DO IT!!!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
it's safe to just update, cause you can always patch your flashcard.
SAFE! ALWAYS!
well ....
unless the cards team decides they want money and tells you to buy a newer cart that is...
or they just vanish...
or you update your DS before you update the cart and then can't update the cart because the DS does not recognise it anymore...

but beside that minor inconviniences its totally save.
UPDATE UR DS NAO!!! DO IT!!!
Except the DSTwo has this feature where all it needs is power to update. So if it's blocked and you updated your 3DS, you can still update your DSTwo.

Supernova741

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's been said with every update, update your flashcard before updating the 3DS. Too bad people don't listen... Like I said, by the 26th it will be full of people here, moaning there flashcard doesn't work anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol