Hacking 3DS System Update April 25th! Will Flashcards still work?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

japzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could always NOT UPDATE.
But if you don't update you won't be able to use the eShop or play online which is anoying, especially since unlike the Wii there's currently no way to get around such blocks on the 3DS because of the lack of 3DSbrew. And on the 3DS there is alot of good stuff rolling out on the eShop.

I think I'll probably update my 3DS. I have a DSLite still so I can update my Flashcard once an update is available.

BoxmanWTF

♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
But if you don't update you won't be able to use the eShop or play online which is anoying, especially since unlike the Wii there's currently no way to get around such blocks on the 3DS because of the lack of 3DSbrew. And on the 3DS there is alot of good stuff rolling out on the eShop.

I think I'll probably update my 3DS. I have a DSLite still so I can update my Flashcard once an update is available.
What? when did that happen? All I know is that you can't play newer games, and go to the eshop. I didn't know you were forced to update to play online ._.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im preatty sure you can still play games online without updating. Thats one advantage of not having a centralized thing like xbl. The only game youd possibly have to worry about not being able to play is mario kart.

I think you can live without eshop for the week or less it usually takes for a patch.

EDIT So yeah, it seems mario kart would require you to upate, which makes sense. Other games would still be fine, but granted, i dont if there is anything worthwhile to play online besides street fighter and kart .... I think its still not really that big a deal to wait :)

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like the fact that they are fixing the cheat bugs in Mario Kart 7, cause this update will allow them the dlc later as well as organizing your home menu.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can't play online without updating?
If that's not true, people can just not update and exploit MK7's Maka Wuhu glitch.. :O

Brionac95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I hope for downloadable content too for this patch. It would be great to see new content for my favourite games. If this patch contains only this two features, it would be fine too.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully the ability to sort folders from SD card (pics/vids) comes with it.
Otherwise, I don't see much use for it unless you have an ambassador system or buy a lot of stuff on eshop.

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it is going to provide ability to sort folders from the SD Card. It's more of a feature just to tidy up the home screen, so if you have lots of E-Shop Games this will be a great help to you.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully the ability to sort folders from SD card (pics/vids) comes with it.
Otherwise, I don't see much use for it unless you have an ambassador system or buy a lot of stuff on eshop.

If you take a look at the structure of 3DS-specific stuff on the SD card, you'd see you really can't organize it manually, since each game/app isn't simply a single file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/