3DS system transfer needs both systems on latest firmware?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sc4rFac3d, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Sc4rFac3d
    OP

Member Sc4rFac3d GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Netherlands
    I want to transfer my ambassador and 3DSware games to my new 3DSXL. It has 3.something firmware on it, however if I update I can't run my r4i-SDHC on it. I wanted to make sure the only way to to transfer is to have both systems on newest firmware no? Or is it possible to only update the donor system maybe?

Ugh, I can't choose between checking out my ambassador games on the XL and keeping my flashcart working... It's probably still a while before the cart gets updated to the newest version support. Do any other cards already have support for the newest version?

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Afaik, SCDSTwo and some other major cards are updated.

Iirc, Pong has a thread about the cards that work on the 3DS.

3. Sc4rFac3d
    OP

Netherlands
    Thanks, I'll try waiting in the hope that it's done in a week

Hope I don't get tempted in the mean time...

4. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Heh.

I guess that the R4 wil be updated soon.
    if It was updated in the last 3DS updates then it should still have some support to it.

5. jinzokami

Newcomer jinzokami Member

United States
    just keep both. i personally got an xl so 3ds games look better, i dont quite care for how ds games look as i still have a dsi.

edit: also, this is only slightly related to the topic of hacking and homebrew.

6. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom

It kinda depends if you play your ambassador or DS games more, but the resolution of DS games on the XL is a big step up from the original 3DS, the resolution is much better.

7. Sc4rFac3d
    OP

Netherlands
    Yeah the official website still updates, latest was only 2 weeks ago so I have faith :)

Oh damn, I didn't even notice that. Mistposted :(

I want to sell the regular 3DS to cut losses on the XL purchase. I currently don't have any DS so that's my prob. Ill definitely get a DSiXL down the road again, as it's the best to play DS games on!

Nah man, believe me. DS games stretched out on the 3DS looks bad. Regular DSXL is by far the best to play DS games on, I play at 1:1 which may defeat the purpose of the larger screens but I'd much rather have the pixel perfect play

8. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    Each to their own I guess, the black borders around DS games on 1:1 mode are massive, I'd rather play with some pixel distortion.