3DS System 2.0 bugs

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by loco365, Jun 7, 2011.

Jun 7, 2011

3DS System 2.0 bugs by loco365 at 6:19 PM (5,207 Views / 0 Likes) 26 replies

1. loco365
    OP

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

How many users have encountered bugs in the new system menu and it's new features?

I found one. I used a Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard, and I tried to buy credits. It told me that it couldn't get the credits, but it still billed my card of $20.

Has anyone else?

2. Demonstryde

Member Demonstryde GBAtemp Fan

United States
    no... but before the update yesterday, i tried to buy the 20$ prepaid card at gamestop. but they couldnt activate it, so i went home and waited for the update and was unable to buy eshop titles, way to go nintendo by not letting me give you my money!

3. DSdonkey77

Member DSdonkey77 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    that happens with Vanilla a lot! Just wait 7-10 days and the funds will be back on your account. Nothing you can do.

4. M[u]ddy

Member M[u]ddy GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    You think that's bad?
    In Germany we don't even have 3DS Prepaid Cards, yet.
    According to the eShop we won't get them until the end of the month.

5. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

The charging light never turns off for me. Now I cant tell when its done charging.

6. nicklessguy

Member nicklessguy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    This is not a bug, it's a limitation, it happens if you play the 3DS while it charges. The system loses track of how much was charged compared to what was spent.
    It's on the manual.

7. Kaimu

Newcomer Kaimu Member

Indonesia
    The same thing happen to me too after I update to 2.0. I was turning off my 3DS first before I charged it and not even one time I turned it on when it charged. So I guess it's not like manual tells. Anyone else have the same problem or have a good solution for this bug?

8. cosmiccow

Member cosmiccow Original Hippie

Germany
    Can we use the normal Nintendo Points cards? Probably not.

I want to buy Shantae's Revenge. :[

9. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Strange... My charging light went off, even while playing after the update.

10. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    forgot to add: No bugs for me so far.

heise.de mentioned that the old cards are not compatible (second last paragraph).

11. haselnuss

Newcomer haselnuss Newbie

United States
    same here, after the update the led stays orange forever and wont turn off..

12. Kamiyama

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Damn it! If I just could know that. I just tried get 10€ funds with Visa for my 3DS to get Mario and Zelda. That's nothing really, but I tried it FOUR times until I gave up. I checked my bank account and there's missing 40€ and I don't have any more money left. [​IMG] I even need wait to tomorrow before I can call to my bank about it...

13. Master Mo

Member Master Mo F.R.E.E.

Germany
    Froze on me once when I started the DoA 3D-Trailer. Other then that no bugs!

14. syfyTy

Member syfyTy PhD in Thaumaturgy

United States
    Are you including the Black Screen problem? The screen randomly going black (with error code telling U to restart?) while at rest, or while changing from the system menu or between games?

I tried blogging about it on IGN and they prevented me from doing so, deleted my article. I thought it strange how google has hundreds of people with the problem, but not one mention on one of the largest gaming sites on the net.... It let me leave the head line though and a large number of people 'followed' me. I always knew Nintendo had that site in thier back pocket but now i'm certain.

I've also heard frequent complaints about thier DSi transfer program bricking thier DSI while trying to transferr to the 3ds. However, it hasn't happened to me, so far it's still a rumor. I don't believe any of that propaganda until it happens to me.

15. RodrigoCamilo

Member RodrigoCamilo GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    When you blow the mic in the home menu the icons turn, if you keep blowing the icons will stop turning. In the old version I could blow the icon all day and it will keep turning.

16. Aluziel

Newcomer Aluziel Newbie

Austria
    That´s no Bug. It is good that they changed that. Everytime i played on Bus the Icons just kept spinning really fast the whole time. It was annoying.

17. loco365
    OP

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Oh... I tried blowing in the mic today and it failed like that! No wonder! Duh.

18. OrGoN3

Member OrGoN3 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The prepaid cards were put at Gamestops all over the country. However, they were not sell-able until June 7. This has to do with Nintendo's authentication servers being accessible.

19. Weaselpipe

Member Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

United Kingdom
    I've had no bugs, but I haven't attempted to put any money on it yet due to a severe lack of funds- won't be able to until next friday at the earliest

20. klim28

Member klim28 Hunter4Life

Philippines
    I noticed since yesterday that the pedometer counter is messing up itself. It just resets back to 0 step at certain counts. I got my 10 coins yesterday at 800+ step and got my 10 coins today at 400+ step which is supposedly to be 1000 steps for that 10 coins.