3ds stopped working

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Antbrom, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Antbrom
    OP

Antbrom Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hey guys,a few months ago some of you gave me the info how to setup my son's 3ds so he could use freeshop etc
    It was working great but twice now it has crashed or something
    When switched on it's like there is no games on the 3ds but when l remove card and put it in pc everything is there
    Last time l wiped the whole card and done everything from scratch
    Was fine for a few weeks but it's happened again
    Is there a quicker way to sort this and any idea why this is happening?

2. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Copy everything off your SD card, reformat it as FAT32 + 32 KB cluster, and run a Full Write + Verify test using H2testw. There is suspicion that your disappearing games is due to a counterfeit or fake card posing as legitimate branded one. You won't know by exterior looks. Only way to check is through that Windows program; there are programs like H2testw for Linux and Mac OS.

Antbrom likes this.
  3. Antbrom
    OP

Antbrom Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thank you.Just checking the card now

4. Antbrom
    OP

Antbrom Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Hi,l checked the memory card with that program and found errors on it.l tried to contact the seller on eBay and found that they had been banned so I'm guessing lm not the only one that bought a fake card.
    Anyway,l have bought a sandisk 32gb card and fingers crossed it will be fine from now on,so thanks for the solution
    Just one other thing...when the 3ds is turned on,it keeps telling him an update is available.Can he accept the update?
    Also some games from freeshop show as having an update but when he tries to accept updates,nothing updates and the game will still show message of update available.
    Should he be looking for game updates directly from freeshop?

5. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    As long as you have the boot.firm on the ctrnand with boot9strap installed,you can update and do whatever without a sd card

Antbrom likes this.
  6. hoodhippo

hoodhippo Member

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2018
    United States

Question: Can he accept the update?
    Answer: if it is already fulled modded with luma etc. then yes you can update with no prob and it will keep the mods/homebrew, BUT honestly there is no real reason to update, if i were you i would never update, considering most updates are such minor fixes youd never notice, so NO dont update but yes you could if you wanted to

Question: Should he be looking for game updates directly from freeshop?
    I havent had an issue with updating games from freeshop, might be a bug in the freeshop that shows its not updated when in fact it is, if you can play it and go online, it should be fully up to date.

Antbrom likes this.
  7. Antbrom
    OP

Antbrom Member

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Thanks guys :D

hoodhippo likes this.