3DS shoulder buttons

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by BORTZ, Oct 12, 2012.

Oct 12, 2012

3DS shoulder buttons by BORTZ at 9:44 PM (696 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. BORTZ
    OP

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Does anyone know or have experience with the shoulder buttons wearing out yet? We all know about the L and R button debacle of the DSL,i, and iXL. I have been playing a lot of Kid Icarus Uprising (the controls are hideous btw, fopping CCP doesnt support dual circle padding, #WTFNintendo), and i use the L button to shoot. I am really hoping i dont have to end up getting a new 3DS down the road or opening up my current one to fix ANOTHER faulty shoulder button.

Also how does the hinge seem to be holding up for most of you?

The only other thing i have noticed is the rubbing from the bottom screen on the top when it in my pocket. That isnt good lol

2. Dark

Member Dark GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    There isn't anything wrong with my 3ds at the moment. I don't use the should buttons much though.

3. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    Hmm ok cool. How long have you had yours?

4. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    400hrs of MK7, Pinball and KI:U combined and no problems here. You should probably put a cloth or something since the system gets under pressure in your pockets.
    Oh and if you haven't yet, get a thumbstylus for KI:U. Link: http://dx.com/p/fing...ck-33314?item=1
    It's basically feels like dual analogs only that it's faster and more accurate which is needed for this game, you're actually holding the system with two hands this way.
    Most people think this is the same as the DS thumbstrap, well it's not, those two things are worlds apart.

2 people like this.
  5. BORTZ
    OP

United States
    I sure hope you a kidding lol

Hmm. I might have to order of of those nifty looking things. You know the only way i could play SM64DS was with the thumb strap?

6. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden

EDIT:Oh shit no, got it all wrong. It's only 400hrs for those games combined. 900 was the total on time for my system between my brother and me.

1 person likes this.
  7. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    My left should button was nearing it's end (before the screen broken and I sent it to be fixed, although mine was a launch unit and it had like 3 hours of play per day at least (and sometimes a whole day).

8. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

My buttons are working perfectly still. And I have it in my pocket all the time.

9. Ergo

Member Ergo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Thanks to someone on here--maybe Eerpow here--I picked up a package of those styli on Amazon and, yes, it makes playing KI:U much more comfortable.

/threadjack

10. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    About 4 months after getting Kid Icarus: Uprising (and playing it a LOT), my L button stopped responding. No idea if this was from Kid Icarus, or just a defect. It wouldn't respond about 70% of the time I clicked it (prying apart and blowing into it seemed to help, but only temporarily). I sent it in to Nintendo with my warranty, and not only did they fix the L button, but they completely replaced the top screen because of the scratches, when i didn't even ask them to do that.

In other words, yeah, maybe you can wear out your triggers after strenuous use on games like Kid Icarus (those triggers are crap, the ones on the XL are much better), but if you do and you're under warranty, Nintendo should replace it free with no problems.

1 person likes this.
  11. Eerpow

Member Eerpow *swoosh*

Sweden
    That's actually a great idea because if your unit is faulty (meaning that the trigger problem only shows up after some time) you could stress your trigger buttons all you want as long as you're under warranty, a non defect 3DS won't be affected at all as there are people like me who have had their 3DS for more then a year without any problems.

12. xwatchmanx

Member xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

United States
    No idea how old mine was... I got it used off eBay in December. There was gamelog data from at LEAST September 2011, though.