Hardware 3DS selective firmware updates?

turnipmelody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 3DS XL with 8.1.0-12U and i'd like to update to 9.2 (since my idiot brother updated my other one to 9.5 on me)
Is there any possible way to do this without external hardware?

SuperSVGA

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not even sure it would work because the updates wouldn't be properly signed. But theoretically:
Download 9.2.0-23 with 3DNUS. Just type 9.2.0-23 and USA into the corresponding boxes for 3DNUS and click download.
Install the update .cia files to your sysNAND with rxTools or PBT.

I'd wait for someone who knows if this works before you attempt this, because I'm guessing the update files won't be properly signed and either won't work or leave you with a brick.

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a 3DS XL with 8.1.0-12U and i'd like to update to 9.2 (since my idiot brother updated my other one to 9.5 on me)
Is there any possible way to do this without external hardware?

The best way without any hassle is to use Sky3DS then load a rom with 9.2 update section in it.

turnipmelody

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you don't have a Gateway you can use the functionality of the their launcher.dat to get to create an emuNAND to use with rxTools.

Oh are we talking about sysNAND?

I think so?
I've never used any external devices so probably??
I want to be able to use the current injecton hacking things. I was planning on a giveaway for some good pokemon, but i cant do that now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E