Hacking 3DS SDCard Backup Manager

michyprima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey guys, I wrote this little utility because I was full of those damn 14.8gig backups.

This software is composed from two parts, the backup manager and the emunandtool.
The backup manager can backup an entire sdcard to a zip file, and restore when needed. The backup files are around 400MB (if you do not have eshop games or if you use the -noapp switch). The emunandtool can read or write the emunand partition from an sdcard. Your card need to be formatted from the 3ds for this to work. Both can backup and restore from different sdcards, provided they are big enough.

Usages:
Code:
sdcardmanager.exe

3DS SDCard manager by michyprima v1.0
Usages ([b]ackup | [r]estore):
b driveletter backup.zip [-noapp]
r backup.zip driveletter [-noapp]
Code:
emunandtool.exe

emunandtool by michyprima v1.0
Usage: <r|w> <driveletter> <imagefile>
Sample usage:
Code:
sdcardmanager.exe r backup.zip F

3DS SDCard manager by michyprima v1.0

Extracting zip file...

Writing emunand...
emunandtool by michyprima v1.0
Disk 1
Starting offset 1074790400
Disk bytes per sector: 512
0%
10%
20%
30%
40%
50%
60%
70%
80%
90%
100%

Copying files...

Cleaning...

Done!

The noapp switch leaves out the .app files (eshop binaries) which contains the games (not the saves).

anyone interested in betatesting?

beta reports:
devreese - 100% working

Now includes a simple GUI!
Cattura.PNG

https://mega.co.nz/#!XcM2AZBa!c4mPhg4bzdpuh3ctUFwSAmVfwe5AKqqOKtqpgXmoTao

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to test and I have a problem.

I used MT-Card exploit to create a EmuNand and used it without owning the MT-Card. I updated this EmuNand, used eShop, downloaded Pokémon Y, played a lot... and now I own Gateway, and I want to continue with that Emunand, mainly because of my Pokémon Y SAVE!
I already installed Gateway exploit and Launcher 2.1 from Gateway but my EmuNand is not detected, and emuNAND Tool from n1ghty does not detect this emunand created by MT-Card's Firmware.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

KnightMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to test this out as well.
My new 16 gb sd card has a capacity of 14.8 gb, is that what you mean with the 14.8 gb back ups?

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to test and I have a problem.

I used MT-Card exploit to create a EmuNand and used it without owning the MT-Card. I updated this EmuNand, used eShop, downloaded Pokémon Y, played a lot... and now I own Gateway, and I want to continue with that Emunand, mainly because of my Pokémon Y SAVE!
I already installed Gateway exploit and Launcher 2.1 from Gateway but my EmuNand is not detected, and emuNAND Tool from n1ghty does not detect this emunand created by MT-Card's Firmware.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance!

I got it to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I needed to Read my SD card with Win32DiskImager, open the created Image with an HEX Editor, and change the name MT-CARDNAND to GATEWAYNAND.... after this, Rewrite the image to SD and it worksss! :D
Emunand created by MT-Card now working with Gateway! :D

michyprima

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would like to test this out as well.
My new 16 gb sd card has a capacity of 14.8 gb, is that what you mean with the 14.8 gb back ups?

sending a pm
edit: yeah. I used to backup with win32diskimager, but that produces a 14.8 gig backup for a 16gb sdcard. My backups are now around 400mb, and are much faster to restore :)
I got it to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I needed to Read my SD card with Win32DiskImager, open the created Image with an HEX Editor, and change the name MT-CARDNAND to GATEWAYNAND.... after this, Rewrite the image to SD and it worksss! :D
Emunand created by MT-Card now working with Gateway! :D

why not open the disk directly? you can edit sector by sector. it would have been faster :) do you still want to test it?

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sending a pm
edit: yeah. I used to backup with win32diskimager, but that produces a 14.8 gig backup for a 16gb sdcard. My backups are now around 400mb, and are much faster to restore :)

why not open the disk directly? you can edit sector by sector. it would have been faster :) do you still want to test it?

Sure man, I'd like to.
I read that lzip is the ideal for long term storage, maybe it coild be implemented.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah the actual emunand partition differs from a normal nand iirc parts of it are shifted to the end of the nand area, n1ghty's tool extracts the actual raw nand dump from the emunand partition into the proper layout which means its a perfect nand backup for that firmware, so if i had emunand 6.x and extract with his tool i could flash that emunand dump to my console and it would boot, i presume this tool is just extracting it as it is on the SD card

Reactions: dude1709

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I don't have prime, I order once I am orderign $35 worth of stuff