3DS Screen Capture without Hardware Add on?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by OldClassicGamer, Jan 25, 2013.

?

Do you think it will be possible?

1. Yes. It will be possible just like Vita will be compatible with RemoteJoy when it gets 100% hacked.

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
  2. No, are you crazy???

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
Jan 25, 2013
  1. OldClassicGamer
    OP

Member OldClassicGamer GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Hello. I would like to know iwill it possible to Capture 3DS screen without buying add on? I know about 3DS capture device but its really expensive and I do not feel like spending that much money on something like that. I was wondering since PSP can be recorded with RemoteJoy (program on PC), when 3DS gets homeberew and hacks, could same be done? Like you install some plugin and connect 3DS with USB. I really hope it would be possible. Only reasons why I want 3DS hacked is ability of region free gaming and 3DS Screen capture. I do not care for piracy and 3DS roms and I am not interested in them.

2. kirbymaster101

Member kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    If that was even possible and it writes to the sd card, sounds very laggy. The reason why its so expensive is because not a mass company made this capture card. I'm pretty sure only one guy is making these and that these capture cards are not mass produced.

3. OldClassicGamer
    OP

Japan
    RemoteJoy on PSP 1000 writes to the sd card and its not laggy at all. So with 3DS being stronger console then PSP I dont think it would be laggy.

4. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    you dont care about piracy but you want to play different region game roms lol

as the 3DS is not hacked there is no homebrew or software that will allow it unlike the PSP

even once the 3DS is released you cannot screen capture unless in developer mode and that is a completely different firmware and cannot play retail games

so to answer your question, screen capturing on a retail 3ds without a capture card is not going to be happening

5. OldClassicGamer
    OP

Japan
    I would not play different region roms. I would import ORIGINAL games from sites such as ebay or amazon.
    And i do know that on retail 3DS it would be impossible but my question was do you think it would be possible on Hacked 3DS (once hack gets relased)

6. Pong20302000

Japan
    well the 3DS stores the Firmware twice on the system and runs checks for modifications so changes to it could result in a console bricked or blocked

unlikely we will ever see a region free patch
    but there maybe hope for a homebrew that loads a game header from your region and then boots the rest from the card in the slot but i wouldn't expect anything soon

7. OldClassicGamer
    OP

Japan
    Nintendo cannot remotly brick consoles. Console could be bricked if you screw it up yourself (like I bricked my first PSP by trying to install custom gameboot). We also must remember tha cartridges are locked and not 3DS itself.

8. pwsincd

Member pwsincd Garage Flower

United Kingdom
    3DS screen Capture in video form or images ? As for images at least they are bringing Miiverse to the 3DS , if it is similar to the WiiU version you can capture images / screenshots that way .. but i dont think video.

9. OldClassicGamer
    OP

Japan
    Of course I mean on video. Of course it will not be possible with console itelf. Much stronger console like Xbox 360 cannot do that. But i wish for progeam like RemoteJoy to be made when 3DS gets hacked

10. clothesbiz21
    This message by clothesbiz21 has been removed from public view by p1ngpong, Jan 25, 2013.
    Jan 25, 2013
  11. Pong20302000

Japan
    im not on about nintendo bricking them, im on about modifications to the firmware will brick the console as its scans itself and if the firmware is not as it wants it just doesnt work.
    same as a Wii, or a Xbox or PS3

12. OldClassicGamer
    OP

Japan
    Then why is my Wii working perfect both offline and online?
    Why is my 360 not bricked?
    As for PS3, I have retail console so it doesnt matter

13. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Right now, the closest you can get is by shoving a good camera in front of the 3DS and hitting the record button, or else you can get this, if you want to do it right away, although as you don't want pricey options, you'd be best with a camera..

14. Pong20302000

Japan
    -_- because there hacked fully
    and doesnt store the firmware Twice for checking
    my example was pointing out what happens if there is something wrong with the firmware

15. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Because the hacks you installed already disabled the integrity and signatures checks. :\

16. OldClassicGamer
    OP

Japan
    thanks for answering guys

17. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    It may be possible with an update. While playing a game, press home, then go into "Game Notes" on the top next to friends. It captures what was on your screen at the time, Nintendo just needs to allow us to save them to SD.

Just screen capturing though, not screen recording.

18. Pong20302000

Japan
    alot of people want to record to waste internet uploading to a unpopular youtube account hoping they will get views
    even tho people that want are doing it right are all using capture cards

19. slingblade1170

Member slingblade1170 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Gotta do it the old fashioned way, get your video camera started and strap it to your forehead and play. lol

I do wish Nintendo would release some kind of 3DS app to capture gameplay somehow.

20. Shawn ShyGuy

Newcomer Shawn ShyGuy Advanced Member

United States
    The only way I see screen recording being possible and free is a 3DS Emulator and a screen recorder.
    And about your disliking of emulation, it's technically legal to own a copy of a game you own via rom (say you have a cart of animal crossing, you can then legally download another animal crossing rom) so there's nothing to be worried about.

21. Aly

Newcomer Aly Member

Pakistan
    Can any single person please tell me whether all simple 3ds are firmware 4.5 or below , i've been asking this question for a very long time but no one answers me . Anyone reply dude​