sykeitzstan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!!

i've had a 3DS for some time now and i was wondering if i can dump DS games, not 3ds, but DS .sav files ON the 3DS.

i've recently tried some programs and tutorials on this link

http://gbatemp.net/t274290-how-to-dump-you...-ds-games-saves

all i got was "no game card or sav file found"

i'm pretty sure the game card is in..unless i'm helplessly retarded, and i'm sure i've played and saved the game as well.

the game i'm trying to dump (.sav file) is Harvest Moon Tale of Two Towns.

i've also tried to dump sav files using my original 3DS games but same error.

I'm doing this on a 3DS 2.1 firmware; i believe its the latest since i can use the web browser.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Granted, I've never done this, but I do know a few things.

As far as I know, to dump a 3DS save, you either have to use an NDS Adapter+ or a DS/DS Lite (which requires cutting the tab off of the side for 3DS games.

However, to answer the main part of your question... to the best of my knowledge, no, you can not dump a DS save with a 3DS. Same rule still applies, you need to be using a DS/DS Lite, if I am not mistaken, as none of the methods work on a DSi/XL. This is due to the fact that the i/XL (as well as the 3DS) support hot-swapping the game cartridges (you can change the game while the system is on). Once you take out your flash cart (since the 3DS doesn't have a SLOT2), the system recognizes there is no cart and should boot you to the system menu. The DS/Lite, however, didn't support hot swapping - the system simply froze for games. But carts could get around this and allow you to insert a game while the dumper was running in ram.

Immortal_no1

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried using DSaveManager: Download

Downloads the save files via Wlan, so give that a try and let us know.

One of the problems with the 3DS is that it doesn't really like you ejecting the card then inserting a new one while it's running, in DS mode it doesn't complain about it but i think it won't work. In 3DS mode it'll pop up a friendly message and it's not possible.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sykeitzstan said:
i'm pretty sure the game card is in..unless i'm helplessly retarded, and i'm sure i've played and saved the game as well.

No offense but I'm pretty sure this post is. The 3DS and DSi have detectors so if the game (in this case your flash cart) is pulled out you cannot put another game in and read it, hence you cannot dump saves or ROMs through a 3DS or DSi using n00bie means because they will not be read properly.

In short, you never read that post. If you had you would have noticed this:

QUOTE(Rydian @ Jan 13 2011, 07:59 AM) WiFi:

Cons:
- Will not work on a DSi/XL. [and 3DS, Rydian should update this although most people know that's obvious]

Slot 2:

Cons:
- Will not work on a 3DS/DSi/XL.

Took me all of 1 second to see it because it was colored in red. =p

I rest my case.

sykeitzstan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CollosalPokemon said:
sykeitzstan said:

No offense but I'm pretty sure this post is. The 3DS and DSi have detectors so if the game (in this case your flash cart) is pulled out you cannot put another game in and read it, hence you cannot dump saves or ROMs through a 3DS or DSi using n00bie means because they will not be read properly.

In short, you never read that post. If you had you would have noticed this:

QUOTE(Rydian @ Jan 13 2011, 07:59 AM) WiFi:

Cons:
- Will not work on a DSi/XL. [and 3DS, Rydian should update this although most people know that's obvious]

Slot 2:

Cons:
- Will not work on a 3DS/DSi/XL.

Took me all of 1 second to see it because it was colored in red. =p

I rest my case.

in fact i did read that, but i do not know how the 3ds is made so its not pretty obvious. yes its a newer release but it does not mean same features. i did not study the systems.

and if i read correctly it did not state the 3ds in that list. all u had to do was say it includes the 3ds as well instead of making a fuss of it like saying its "obvious".

no offense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: That's a relief to hear. Do you know what happened?