Hardware 3DS reservations at GameStop

Eighteen

Trophies
Website
3DGamelayer.yolasite.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Me totally learned my lesson about preordering stuff like games and these things >.>
me will never ever preorder those again because, when me preorder.. usually 2 days before official release me see it EVERYWHERE at the stores..
but nuuuuuu me can't buy those then because me already payed at a random store for a preorder >.<
it's useless
dry.gif

me will just wait till the stores got them, and me buy them myself right there!!
yay.gif

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A little extra info for you all. There are no color choices yet as they have not been announced. There is of course no concrete date or price. We have it listed as $999.99 right now. I hope if you reserve at a gamestop yours will be as cool as mine and call you as soon as a choice of color is available to move your reserve to it. Ask about games as i have reserved super monkey ball with my 2 as well. We only had 4 games in there this morn, but i am sure more will be added especially after Nintendo lets the the top off all the info in Jan.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Eighteen said:
Me totally learned my lesson about preordering stuff like games and these things >.>
me will never ever preorder those again because, when me preorder.. usually 2 days before official release me see it EVERYWHERE at the stores..
but nuuuuuu me can't buy those then because me already payed at a random store for a preorder >.<
it's useless
dry.gif

me will just wait till the stores got them, and me buy them myself right there!!
yay.gif

why are you saying "me" every sentence? Its kind of distracting, but hey who am I to say how you use your "me's"...

Mr.Guy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was literally just about to post this. I walked in and my Gamestop employee, who was was extremely friendly, said to me along a conversation that they just got their 3DS preorders in and I said how much was the final price and he said that there was no final price or date set and it was $50 to put down for one. I happily decided I would beat the MONSTROUS crowd we had for the WII and payed the man $50 for my spot in the future of hand held gaming.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Eighteen said:
it's useless
dry.gif

yay.gif
"Me caveman no need to pre-order, me caveman no need to think."
rofl.gif

Okay, in all seriousness, the hype for the 3DS is a little bit more than the usual system. For instance, the preorder threads at this site and others have been extremely busy. That's notable because it's right after Christmas in a bad economy and people should be broke, but are snapping up systems anyway. The thing hasn't even been officially announced in the US yet! Nintendo pres. Satoru Iwata even stated the reaction at E3 led him to believe that he could charge a premium for the system.

The Wii had quite a bit less hype and was still very scarce at launch (and for the next 2 1/2 years). So you tell me, is it a good risk not to pre-order? Well yeah, I guess, if you want to wait in line in the bitter cold for 2 or 3 days.(in some places)

I'm telling you guys, you better pre-order if you want to see one anytime soon.
lecture.gif

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
DigitalDeviant said:
the preorder plus a game will bump up the price to close to $400 IMO. Can't afford that, not sure I would put up that much money even if I could.
It wouldn't hurt to just pre-order it now -- just in case. Who knows, your financial situation may change!
yaynds.gif

BTW- $50 per paycheck will probably do the trick, just worry about the game post-launch.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
DigitalDeviant said:
the preorder plus a game will bump up the price to close to $400 IMO. Can't afford that, not sure I would put up that much money even if I could.
It wouldn't hurt to just pre-order it now -- just in case. Who knows, your financial situation may change!
yaynds.gif

BTW- $50 per paycheck will probably do the trick, just worry about the game post-launch.

well when you put it that way...

nah I wait, I know its tough but I'm actually waiting to see some unboxing videos, as lame as that sounds, and hopefully be able to try it out in store to at least experience the 3d effect.

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DigitalDeviant said:
You seem to think the system will be $350. Why is that? I know 25000 yen is around 300 bucks, but where does the $350 idea come from? No one would pay that much. I'm sure it will be closer to $250 or $300. So if you save up $400, you can probably get 2-3 games.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I understand the 3ds will be the cat's meow, or the bee's knees, or the rat's cheese, but I'll wait the 2 1/2 years for it to drop the price.

Either that or my summer is going to be really busy trying to find one at the Walmart by my job!!! lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Psi's nipples stretch far wider and can touch his toes. +1