3DS Replacement and CFW?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by JokeTriple, May 13, 2016.

1. JokeTriple
    OP

JokeTriple Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2015
    United States
    So, I've run into an issue where both of my stick and my right trigger have stopped working. The stick alone was messed up and I knew I could fix it if I could get it open, but then somebody I asked for help tried to "pry" open the 3DS from the right side when there were still a few screws in there, and when they did this (with a screwdriver), it looks like they chipped off a little bit of the right side part, thus breaking the right triggers.

Now I've pretty much just given up on trying to take it apart and fix it and am wondering if I can buy another New 3DS and somehow transfer my 3DS "ID" to it so that all of my games and homebrew apps linked to my current 3DS would work on the new system. If that's not possible, is there at least a way to back up all of my titles and saves, and then place them onto the new system later. Would a system transfer work (if I set up a9lh)?

I know I probably won't be able to refurbish because they could possibly replace the whole system, and I'd lose everything..

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    I mean as long as you keep a backup of the contents and remember the login for NNID, it shouldn't be too bad?

3. astronautlevel

astronautlevel Trying to Find My Way

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    System transfer will work but you'll lose all your non-legit games. A "Manual System Transfer" will keep everything but is a bit of legwork.

You could also use JK Save Manager to backup your saves and restore them on the new system if you don't feel like setting up a Manual System Transfer.

JokeTriple likes this.
  4. JokeTriple
    OP

JokeTriple Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2015
    United States
    But does that apply to .cia installed titles and saves?

5. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    @JokeTriple