Hardware 3DS Repairs- do they conserve data?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,779
  • Replies 8
D

Deleted User

OP
moogle.gif
OK, so I bought my 3DS at full price, but it's got a dodgy camera, takes yellow pics, and the hinge is f**ked. I'm abroad until September, which is after the end of the Ambassador promotion. So, when I send it into repairs, with my flashy 20 new games on the system, and since I know Nintendo UK just do straight swaps for 3DSes- will they conserve my 20 games?

It's not just this- it's also the 3D Trailers from E3, the green lantern trailer, and 3D Classics Excitebike (I got it when it was free). Will it all be conserved on the new system?

And the final question- will all other data be conserved? I.E StreetPass Mii Plaza/Quest/Puzzle Swap or Pokedex 3D SpotPassed 'Mons? Or will they literally just swap it and leave me in the dark?

So many questions, so little time- I think I'll lie down..

P.S Nintendo UK Email Centre/Phone line are a crock. I'm not going to wait a day on hold, or a decade for an email. Instead, I'll ask you guys for your experiences, 'cos you guys are awesome.
rolleyes.gif

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
Yes they will. I had to trade mine 2 times. 2 times I did get a new replacement with data transfered. But I was in luck that their official repair center in Montreal is 20 minutes away from home. First I spoke with Nintendo's technical support, got an rma number, when there straight the day after, 24 hours I picked it up back and voilà!

Just in canse, wrap your 3DS with a sheet pof paper and write something like "PLEASE TRANSFER DATA".

Don't forget to keep the SD, that way you will NOT loose your 20 new shiny games, E3 video, DLC, (such as DoA : D costumes), 3D Pokedex & etc,...

TILES and HATS are saved on the internal memory.

Pip'

D

Deleted User

OP
Pippin666 said:
Yes they will. I had to trade mine 2 times. 2 times I did get a new replacement with data transfered. But I was in luck that their official repair center in Montreal is 20 minutes away from home. First I spoke with Nintendo's technical support, got an rma number, when there straight the day after, 24 hours I picked it up back and voilà!

Just in canse, wrap your 3DS with a sheet pof paper and write something like "PLEASE TRANSFER DATA".

Don't forget to keep the SD, that way you will NOT loose your 20 new shiny games, E3 video, DLC, (such as DoA : D costumes), 3D Pokedex & etc,...

TILES and HATS are saved on the internal memory.

Pip'
Thanks, Pip'! Great advice! Does anyone happen to know if the process is same in England?

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine has been in 3 times (its there NOW) for repairs which are glitches in the system software. In my case they did transfer the/all infor, which I was hoping they would not in the event there were tracers for Fcarts. This is in the US I am referring to.

D

Deleted User

OP
syfyTy said:
Mine has been in 3 times (its there NOW) for repairs which are glitches in the system software. In my case they did transfer the/all infor, which I was hoping they would not in the event there were tracers for Fcarts. This is in the US I am referring to.
They'll transfer? Howabout in the UK?

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
tigris said:
syfyTy said:
Tigris, call Nintendo, tell them your problem, get your RMA number. They will give you an adress where to send it. Get the place name, cal them and talk to them. They will be more than happy to help a customer.

Pip'

D

Deleted User

OP
Pippin666 said:
tigris said:
syfyTy said:
Tigris, call Nintendo, tell them your problem, get your RMA number. They will give you an adress where to send it. Get the place name, cal them and talk to them. They will be more than happy to help a customer.

Pip'
I'm abroad, that's the problem.. :'( *cries indefinitely*

Pippin666

SSF43DE Master
Trophies
Website
www.tetesrasees.com
XP
Country
Canada
tigris said:
Pippin666 said:
tigris said:
syfyTy said:

Pip'
Well in that case you should wait until you are back home. There is nothing that can be done even if you have all the information needed. Chill out and relax enjoying your 3DS.

Pip'

D

Deleted User

OP
Pippin666 said:
tigris said:
Pippin666 said:
tigris said:
syfyTy said:

Pip'
Well in that case you should wait until you are back home. There is nothing that can be done even if you have all the information needed. Chill out and relax enjoying your 3DS.

Pip'
OK
biggrin.gif
I suppose you guys have done all you can. It's just that I'm not going to be back until after the Ambassador Program starts; i.e I hear that the program is non-transferable- but, on the other hand, if I talk to a Nintendo Rep they should be able to sort me out. Thanks Pip'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://youtu.be/l6ek7TmdGE8?si=k_qXsn8Finqhz70P +1