3ds relay usb wifi adapter

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Goku, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Goku
    OP

Goku Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 29, 2014
    can any1 list wifi usb adapters that work on windows 8.1 and can change there mac dont want to keep buying dongle after dongle to find one that works

I can now say the NETGEAR N300 model WNA3100 does work on windows 8.1 with 3ds homepass but!!! make sure do not use the install disc that came with it let windows update the driver online and not use the shit software with it as that stops the mac from changing

2. Parasite X

Parasite X Banned

Banned
    Jul 6, 2009
    United States
    Katy Tx

Well I see I'm not the only Super Saiyan God I'm 7th universe Goku :)

3. Liberty

Liberty GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 22, 2008
    Gambia, The
    I own a WNA3100 as well and had the same problem finding a compatible dongle. In the end I bought this dongle because of the recommendation in this thread (RTL8192CU-chipset) and got it working in a Windows7-VM. But honestly, I didn't really bother testing it with Windows 8.1 and very quickly switched to the VM. So maybe a RTL8188CUS/RTL8192CU-dongle is able to work with Windows 8.1, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Maybe a newer chip like RTL8812AU works with Windows 8.1, who knows. But before buying the TP-Link one I tried different Wi-Fi-Repeaters (Sanoxy, ...) and they all sucked. So the VM was the easiest and most affordable solution and works really fine.

4. neninef

neninef Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2011
    Brazil
    I know that is not what you asked, but I strongly recommend you to buy a router that suports DDWRT.
    It's not as hard as it sounds.
    I tried 2 wifi usb dongles and can ensure you that the router method is better.

I use a TP-Link wr841ND (v8.x) with the DDWRT.