Gaming 3ds region locking. Major annoyance

bassgs 435

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
as a srw, gundam and megaten fan , I completely agree that it's stupid. buying three systems (jap, us, and eur) is what I would need to play all the games I like. it's just wrong. and being portable someone can easily take their eur system to the USA and buy some games there but be unable due to region locking. dammit

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Why do you think the ps2 was modchiped? Because of the region locking! In some countries inwas legal to modchip your ps2 to remove the region locking hopefully there will be a similar law for the 3ds maybe even datel will release a region free device for imports in the future? Who knows.

D

Deleted-188346

Meh, I'm buying from the US for two reasons.

1) Australia has ridiculous prices.
2) We get games either months after the US, or not at all.

And I don't care about Japanese games that don't have any english.

idulkoan

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
dslitehacks.webs.com
XP
Country
United States
Man why are sooo mannnny people worrying about this? Because there is region locking, Nintendo will probably make more games for more regions. AND after a year, 2, mabe 3 the 3ds will be hacked (not using dsi flashcart in ds mode, 3ds mode) and then disable the lock....

redsmas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
idulkoan said:
Man why are sooo mannnny people worrying about this? Because there is region locking, Nintendo will probably make more games for more regions. AND after a year, 2, mabe 3 the 3ds will be hacked (not using dsi flashcart in ds mode, 3ds mode) and then disable the lock....

Because on other consoles that have region locking many games don't get European releases. This makes it more of a Euro release issue because many more games get released into the US and not the Euro regions.

A few examples:
All digimon DS games are unreleased in Europe
All monster rancher games except 2
(can't think of nay more right now, btw I've always wanted to play those monster rancher games but have never been able to)

You then have the fact that Nintendo want to prevent piracy not create more reasons for it, some people want to play games legitimately without hacking.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redsmas said:
idulkoan said:

Because on other consoles that have region locking many games don't get European releases. This makes it more of a Euro release issue because many more games get released into the US and not the Euro regions.

A few examples:
All digimon DS games are unreleased in Europe
All monster rancher games except 2
(can't think of nay more right now, btw I've always wanted to play those monster rancher games but have never been able to)

In terms of Digimon DS, you're not missing anything.

And as I stated before:
Well think about it this way, you guys got Jam with the Band and Inazuma Eleven

MeritsAlone

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What....
Nintendo is one of the dumbest companies on this one. The reason people started to mod Wii was because it had a region lock. (It had on mine...)
This WILL lead to piracy, especially since some DS games that got launched in the US never got to EU.

redsmas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
And as I stated before:
QUOTE said:

Umm not exactly the best example of great games that where released in Europe and not the US.

To be honest I never even heard of them until they where on the release list, I'm not a music lover and hate football (soccer).

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
redsmas said:
machomuu said:
And as I stated before:
QUOTE said:

Umm not exactly the best example of great games that where released in Europe and not the US.

To be honest I never even heard of them until they where on the release list, I'm not a music lover and hate football (soccer).

Two games doesn't excuse the fact Europe generally miss out a lot on games like a ton of Atlus and XSEED games.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
redsmas said:
machomuu said:
And as I stated before:
QUOTE said:

I fall under both of those categories too (I especially hat Football/Soccer), but Inazuma Eleven is still a great game and so it Jam with the Band.

Plus I never said they excuse that fact, just that you should at least be glad that you have them and we don't.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Did the Jump games ever make it to Europe? (i assume not) I remember importing Jump Ultimate Stars after enjoying Jump Super Stars on my M3.

It's games like that which would make me want to pirate in order to get past region locks.

D

Deleted User

I think one of the Jump games was translated and there was a patch for it? Never localized I don't think.

I don't want the region lock because I know none of the Tales of games will never be localized in the USA and I'm not really sure if Capcom wants to bring over Phoenix vs Layton

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
I hope Terranigma 3DS doesn't get a US release, just so it mirrors the original SNES release.

My heart skipped a beat when i read this... oh lord oh lord please let them put Terranigma on 3DS. that is my fave game EVER. WAY better than chrono trigger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1