3DS region change system transfer

magicalmoosemahdi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This idea is built off the basis that a region changed 3ds can access the e shop if you system transfer. I can elaborate on this method for anyone who needs it, its very simple to do if you have 2 3ds's. I was thinking, if you had a JP 3ds and a NA 3ds, and you region changed the NA 3ds to JP, then could you system transfer from the original JP 3ds to the NA to JP one, then restore the NA to JP 3ds using a nand backup?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think it would work since you can't access eshop when you region change, so you can't do system transfer afterward. Plus you would brick restoring a nand from a different system.

• Sad
Reactions: Mike_77712

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This idea is built off the basis that a region changed 3ds can access the e shop if you system transfer. I can elaborate on this method for anyone who needs it, its very simple to do if you have 2 3ds's. I was thinking, if you had a JP 3ds and a NA 3ds, and you region changed the NA 3ds to JP, then could you system transfer from the original JP 3ds to the NA to JP one, then restore the NA to JP 3ds using a nand backup?
if its the other system getting the different nand backup you will only brick that console

magicalmoosemahdi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it doesn't work, you can't use the nand backup of a different system, just buy the specific region 3ds if you want a specific region.
noooooo okay let me try to explain it more clearly, i was thinking the NA 3ds is region changed to a JP one, but I keep the NA NAND backup, and after getting everything transferred to the NA turned JP 3ds, its still on JP region at that point, and I just restore the backup, same backup from the same system

Reactions: assassinz

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noooooo okay let me try to explain it more clearly, i was thinking the NA 3ds is region changed to a JP one, but I keep the NA NAND backup, and after getting everything transferred to the NA turned JP 3ds, its still on JP region at that point, and I just restore the backup, same backup from the same system

The thing is I don't think you can system transfer after region change, since you can't access the eshop basically you are locked out of your region.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what's the point changing NA to JPN and then back to NA?

Are you actually wanting to transfer game saves or a JPN NNID to an NA system?

magicalmoosemahdi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what's the point changing NA to JPN and then back to NA?

Are you actually wanting to transfer game saves or a JPN NNID to an NA system?
What I was thinking was if the NA 3ds was JP, it could have been used as a receiver of a system transfer, clearing a Japanese 3ds of its titles and allowing it to region change with access to the eshop. Then, the NA 3ds goes back to its original format, a NA 3ds, by restoring that backup.

The problem with all of this is that apparently if a device is region changed, it cannot region transfer at all.

assassinz

Visoly 512 Flash Advance Linker Xtreme Master!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way to do what you're explaining is to just buy another JPN 3ds (so it can access eshop) to be the receiver of the system transfer.

Last edited by assassinz,

Johnnykillertech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay this will work, for 3 weeks I tried to get this to work and finally did it. I also understand why you want to do it and the end game: you want a donor Japanese console to do system transfer to from Japanese 3ds, then do region change and have full eShop access.

So i had many broken new 3ds parts. I stitched a Frankenstein new 3ds enough to boot with USA motherboard. First i did a system transfer from the Frankenstein new 3ds to a random new USA 3ds i had. Once completed, i did a region change to Frankenstein 3ds and change to Japanese. Ta-da eShop work and it was now 100% japanese region, right?

No matter, how many times i attempted to do a system transfer to this Frankenstein new 3ds, it always failed on step 5/5 eShop with code 005-5414. This Frankenstein had full japanese eShop, so was so confused. Solution: go to eShop > settings (bag/last option)> delete (2nd to last option) > you will be ask to confirmed and to enter system serial number. Afterwards, system turns off, access eShop again and set up.

Now all system transfer will complete :D i think you will have to repeat this eShop deletion account every time, even though system has not eShop account register, something gets logged or recorded in Nintendo servers, and deleting it allow system transfer to work.

This only applies to this unique scenario and vision we both had and discovered. Enjoy.

magicalmoosemahdi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay this will work, for 3 weeks I tried to get this to work and finally did it. I also understand why you want to do it and the end game: you want a donor Japanese console to do system transfer to from Japanese 3ds, then do region change and have full eShop access.

So i had many broken new 3ds parts. I stitched a Frankenstein new 3ds enough to boot with USA motherboard. First i did a system transfer from the Frankenstein new 3ds to a random new USA 3ds i had. Once completed, i did a region change to Frankenstein 3ds and change to Japanese. Ta-da eShop work and it was now 100% japanese region, right?

No matter, how many times i attempted to do a system transfer to this Frankenstein new 3ds, it always failed on step 5/5 eShop with code 005-5414. This Frankenstein had full japanese eShop, so was so confused. Solution: go to eShop > settings (bag/last option)> delete (2nd to last option) > you will be ask to confirmed and to enter system serial number. Afterwards, system turns off, access eShop again and set up.

Now all system transfer will complete :D i think you will have to repeat this eShop deletion account every time, even though system has not eShop account register, something gets logged or recorded in Nintendo servers, and deleting it allow system transfer to work.

This only applies to this unique scenario and vision we both had and discovered. Enjoy.
wow, i did not expect anyone to understand where i was going with this, especially not this long after i posted. Thanks for the input!

Johnnykillertech

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I was thinking the original system gets it Nand backup, so it can go back to being US after transferring
I answered part of your questions below, but i see you had an additional idea: restore the USA 3ds that was region change to Japanese, back to USA using nand backup. The problem is that eShop on that 3ds serial number becomes tied to the new region/ country: in this case that USA 3ds would truly now be a Japanese region 3ds with japanese eShop access. Restoring the nand back to USA would not change this fact. eShop would not linger work on USA region, not without doing another system transfer to another Japanese console, truly reversing the process.

J-Lin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually managed to do this a few months ago, not through traditional means though. I remember basically having to copy the entire NAND over. It was a mess.
Post automatically merged:

Cooolgamer taught me how. They work on SatellaZone, a revival for Nintendo Zone. They might know if you ask them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o