3ds protecive cases

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ars25, Apr 9, 2011.

Apr 9, 2011

3ds protecive cases by ars25 at 5:30 AM (1,105 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. ars25
    OP

Member ars25 I like tacos and pie

United States
    any one know what protection cases are good like they don't break easily and protect the 3ds like there suppose to also you can pick up at a local retailer cuz i convenced my dad to buy me the 3ds and he works at a target so he gets a 10% discount (math 250-10%=225= [​IMG]) 25 off and i want it to last longer than my dsl. dsl lasted 3 nearly 4 years with me it died a horrible death the broken hinge disseise rip june 2007-feb 2011 as you can see i dont want the 3ds to suffer the same fate so any one know one thats good?

2. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm not sure if they sell CTA Digital products in stores, but I know you can buy the crystal clear case from them at Amazon.com, here for about $10

Or, you can go with this one from eBay, which is the same item, and it includes a screen protector, and it's less expensive than the Amazon one. I've personally bought that specific item from that seller, so I can tell you it's legit. The case is definitely tight on the 3DS, and it'll protect it from scratches and dust and stuff, but it's hard to take off, and you won't be able to use the 3DS dock charger with it on.

As for the difference...I don't think there is one. Hori, CTA, and a few other companies sell those crystal clear cases, at varying prices, and I don't think there's a difference between any of them.

3. ars25
    OP

United States
    thanks but isn't hori supposaly more reliable ? i might get the ebay one don't know have to talk with my dad

4. Windaga

United States
    More than CTA? Probably. If Hori is your thing, though, check out their hard pouch and their snap on case. They also have a silicone case here, but that's more for protecting against dust, not fall damage and such.

5. TanookiSuit

Member TanookiSuit Game Reviewer/Writer -- formerly Vampire Hunter D

United States
    It may not be a hard shell, but this is the best one for your money.
    http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Pull-Go...5358&sr=1-4

$20~ gets you a 2 in 1 case. The large case has 27 sleeves for any form of DS title, and an interior mesh pouch for your earbuds, ac plug, etc. And on the left detachable w/velcro is a stiff nylon case that holds the system and another 2 games in the flap. Total, between those and the system you can holster 30 games in one little place.

I got it, and it's very good.

6. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    If you want a shell that really protects your 3DS I'd suggest getting a polycarbonate shell with metalsurface.

I've seen them on Amazon in multiple colors. (black plastic and colored metalsurface)

Do NOT get a shell where the upper and lower half are NOT connected to each other! They only protect your 3DS of scratches, but they do NOT stabilize it.

Using a plastic shell with metal even protects your 3DS if you should ever drop it accidently.

They fit very firm, just like polycarbonate only shells do, but I would not trust them for dropping. xD

Dropped my DSi a couple of times, it's still as good as new. [​IMG]

The only problem you might have is... it's damn hard to get a good shell atm. Or they only have silver... [​IMG] I'm waiting for a red one right now or at least black.

http://www.amazon.de/MYCARRYINGCASE-Alunmi...668&sr=8-11

7. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
  8. ars25
    OP

United States
    i have one Question will it fit in pockets

9. Windaga

United States
    The smaller inner case should. Unless you're wearing baggy kargo pants, I don't think that huge outer case will.

10. sonicsmash2

Member sonicsmash2 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    getting a protector kinda beats the point to the colours of a 3DS, unless it is transparent.
    and besides i got an accessory pack with mine and im not sure if it will fit with the protector on. [​IMG]

11. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
  12. ars25
    OP

United States
    yea i'm getting a transprent case to procect my cosmos black 3ds when i get it

13. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Yeah, be careful with those all plastic transparent cases. After a while they will scratch and dull out the paint on the 3DS and make it look like crap, and partially defeat the purpose of having a case. Thats why I will get one of those aluminum cases from DX that has the inner flannel liner.

14. iMasaru

Member iMasaru GBATemp's™ Retired Cheats Co-Compiler

United Kingdom