Hardware 3DS Price

Will it rise or fall after launch (in stores not eBay)

• Rise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fall

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
At the moment you can obviously only pre-oreder the 3DS at about £200. After it is released the price should drop should it not? After all, paying for pre-order is kinda like a premium. Some people I know have said that the prices will go up due to high demand, but personally I think this is highly unlikely.... since when has any shop raised a price on consoles? (apart from special offers, rares etc)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it's going to end up like the Wii. Extremely hard to find, and the the price of one extremely high. Just my expectation.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when it's sold out prices will be high on ebay or craigslist, etc.
but retailers (if they have any) will still sell them at $250

I don't see the price dropping anytime soon

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The 3DS is going to be exceptionally difficult to get hold of if you don't have a preorder and make use of it quickly, according to the staff at my local store, who are pretty on the ball. Hence why sacrifices have been made to procure my own 3DS on Friday morning, such as the loss of Dragon Age 2 and MVC3. Needs must after seeing what this baby can do. I've been playing the launch titles on and off for a couple of days now, including Pilotwings and Street Fighter. Trust me, this system = THE SHIT. The 3D isn't just gimmicky, it genuinely works and greatly improves the games. Pilotwings is a great game but it becomes truly extraordinary with the 3D in effect. Try it for yourselves. You wouldn't think it'd make such a difference but it really creates a sense of immersion in the game's world.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Wizzerzak said:
At the moment you can obviously only pre-oreder the 3DS at about £200. After it is released the price should drop should it not? After all, paying for pre-order is kinda like a premium. Some people I know have said that the prices will go up due to high demand, but personally I think this is highly unlikely.... since when has any shop raised a price on anything? (apart from special offers, rares etc)
187, there's a rumour afloat that amazon are putting the price back up this week.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't they all have to sell it at the price Nintendo sets by law? ...thats why game consoles never go on sale on black Friday....you just get free stuff with them

Skitty22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think it could go up a little because with recent Japanese earthquake etc , they are struggling to get memory chips etc after some production plants where badly damaged.

this problem is starting to affect pc memory prices already with some sites bumping prices up by 30% due to a lack of supply.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During launch? The only way the prices could rise is if people are secretly selling them second-hand. Prices can't be set higher then normal.

I'm expecting the price to fall in maybe a few months or so. (Around the holidays)

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
I'd say it's going to end up like the Wii. Extremely hard to find, and the the price of one extremely high. Just my expectation.

Walmarts all around me for the past couple of years have had easily found Wii's for $200, which is down from the original price of them.

I think it all depends on where you live, and if there's a high gamer population there or not.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Expect to see a repeat of this.

ps3ebay.jpg

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Fear Zoa said:
Don't they all have to sell it at the price Nintendo sets by law? ...thats why game consoles never go on sale on black Friday....you just get free stuff with them
They're Suggested, or Recommended Retail Prices.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If the first two days of sale in Japan are at all applicable to the US and EU releases, it'll sell out in a matter of a couple days. Chances are that most reservations are already taken (I'm pretty sure a couple GameStop stores are already out) and the remainder of the stock to be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis will sell out quickly. Don't lose all hope yet, though. Nintendo intentionally delayed the system's launch to ensure that there are enough to go around, not to mention that the majority of production is being carried out by multiple facilities (mostly in China.)

Although, if I were you, I would find a way to reserve or get one at launch. If it does become a hot commodity, you could be unable to get one for a long time. I actually traded in a number of games (sold my PS3 to a friend and had to get rid of the rest elsewhere) and ended up paying off my system without taking a dime out of a single paycheck.

This is just my two cents.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not that i'm gonna get one, i was just wondering people's views on whether it will rise or fall, the price, that is.

I've added a poll.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
If orders are fulfilled to what is expected, Nintendo will sneakily set a standard price which will be around £200. Prices right now are experimental, I think you are lucky if you can get one now, and maybe by Christmas promotional pricing (pre £197) will come back.

mr deez

Trophies
XP
Country
The price will go up, the price war is a pr exercise - shops won't continue to sell them for next to no profit (in the UK that Is, no price wars elsewhere)

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
ferret7463 said:
I think it will stay the same for a couple of years. Look at the DS Lite. It is still $129 at walmart.
dry.gif
250 will stay in us.

OP's probably talking about UK price since there's been a mini war on it starting at 230 pounds and now at 187 pounds.
It'll go up int he UK. Probably to 200.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?