Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
So I put my 3DS in my backpack with my other stuff while going to visit my grandma's house, and I left it inside for like five hours before we got home. Once we were home, I turned it on and the system couldn't detect the SD card, then it automatically loaded Luma3DS CTRNAND. I figured that a simple knock on the back could fix the problem, so I did that and rebooted the 3DS. But instead, now it wouldn't boot up at all. At first, I thought it was the flashcard that was causing the problem, so I removed it and rebooted again. It still wouldn't load.

Just to be sure, now my 3DS only boots up to a black screen like it's bricked. I really want to know what's even causing the problem in the first place and if there's a solution for it.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Does the blue LED appear for one second?
Can you access Luma settings by holding select?
Are you using a Mirco SD adapter?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Does the blue LED appear for one second?
Can you access Luma settings by holding select?
Are you using a Mirco SD adapter?
1. The blue LED turns on and won't turn off unless I hold the POWER button for 15 seconds.
2. I've tried doing that, but it still wouldn't work.
3. No, I have a New 3DS XL which directly supports microSD.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1. The blue LED turns on and won't turn off unless I hold the POWER button for 15 seconds.
Thats interesting, my N3DS XL has the same issue. Mine is un-hacked and can occasionally boot but crashes after a while. I often dropped mine as I would use it at night and it would fall off the edge of my bed. Never found a solution.

Reactions: CatmanFan

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thats interesting, my N3DS XL has the same issue. Mine is un-hacked and can occasionally boot but crashes after a while. I often dropped mine as I would use it at night and it would fall off the edge of my bed. Never found a solution.
I think the solution would be to stop leaving it on the edge of your bed after the first time it fell down. ;)

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This is a common new3DSXL problem.

Push on the SDCard to take it out, clean the SDCard (it's usually very sticky when you get it out), then push it back in, then take a nail or a screwdriver, and VERY GENTLY WITHOUT PUSHING HARD ON IT OR SNAPPING THE SDCARD IN HALF take out the SDCard without pushing on the mechanism, clean the SDCard again if it got sticky, blow *very hard* into the SDCard slot, then put the SDCard back in without pushing on the mechanism. Just push it in enough without making the springy SDCard mechanism to move.

I have to do this "ritual" every damn time I need to physically access the SDCard in my new3DSXL. As for old3DS, you just take it out and put it back in a few times.

Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco

Push on the SDCard to take it out, clean the SDCard (it's usually very sticky when you get it out), then push it back in, then take a nail or a screwdriver, and VERY GENTLY WITHOUT PUSHING HARD ON IT OR SNAPPING THE SDCARD IN HALF take out the SDCard without pushing on the mechanism, clean the SDCard again if it got sticky, blow *very hard* into the SDCard slot, then put the SDCard back in without pushing on the mechanism. Just push it in enough without making the springy SDCard mechanism to move.

I have to do this "ritual" every damn time I need to physically access the SDCard in my new3DSXL. As for old3DS, you just take it out and put it back in a few times.
To do this, I have to take off the battery cover with a screwdriver. The screw won't even move anymore even when I use the right screwdriver for it AFAIK.
Welp, looks like I'm screwed :(

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
To do this, I have to take off the battery cover with a screwdriver. The screw won't even move anymore even when I use the right screwdriver for it AFAIK.

How do you even expect to "repair" this problem if you have no physical access to the SDCard?! >_>

Also, sometimes the screws can tighten up on their own very badly. Like I never screw them back after unscrewing, but when I want to take it off I have to use a screwdriver because on the ride between Hungary and Austria makes it somehow magically tighten up to the point where trying to unscrew it will feel like you're going to snap the entire 3DS in a big thick half chunk of 3DS.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Use one of those pointy screwdriver bits that are designed to unscrew stripped screws. And if that fails, drill it out.
Then you can leave the screws unscrewed or remove them completely. The lid still stays on fine without them.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

And nobody bothered to tell me this inn the help thread I made a while back... ty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: