Gaming 3DS Portal

aaroninfidel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I've just purchased 2 domains. 3dsparadise.com and friendcode.me I'm interested in making a few small and useful web applications that will work on the Nintendo 3DS.

I've been a Mobile Web Developer for the last 3 years and I hope to bring something fun to this community.

So, please post suggestions on what you'd like to see on either of these domains I plan on starting development in the beginning of April.

Thanks!

-Aaron

Z

Zorua

Umm I'd like some apps which you could use everyday. You know, like a calculator or email apps like gtalk.

aaronslife

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
friendcode.me
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
Umm I'd like some apps which you could use everyday. You know, like a calculator or email apps like gtalk.

I could build a calculator, would a chatroom at the site be interesting to you?

or would you want a full blown instant messenger?

I could do both, but I'd like to just get some simple, fun, and usable apps up for the web browser launch in May.

I've already got a weather app planned, and a friend finder using friend codes for the 3DS.

and if the 3DS supports it I might integrate GPS so you could add your GPS location when you sign up if you wanted.

the 3DS doesn't have a native GPS unit inside of it, but I could do GPS Triangulation and with all those AT&T Wifi Hotspots it might work decent enough to include.

Z

Zorua

aaronslife said:
Zorua said:

I could build a calculator, would a chatroom at the site be interesting to you? What?

or would you want a full blown instant messenger? Something like google talk.

I could do both, but I'd like to just get some simple, fun, and usable apps up for the web browser launch in May.

I've already got a weather app planned, and a friend finder using friend codes for the 3DS.

and if the 3DS supports it I might integrate GPS so you could add your GPS location when you sign up if you wanted.

the 3DS doesn't have a native GPS unit inside of it, but I could do GPS Triangulation and with all those AT&T Wifi Hotspots it might work decent enough to include.

The other apps sound really awesome but I've got a question: Will they be free?

jabato

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theres no 3ds access so you cant do that using native libraries. Your best chance is to use nds wifi libs , unless you mean an optimized website for nds but opera for nds doesnt support javascript.

aaroninfidel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
aaronslife said:
Zorua said:

I could build a calculator, would a chatroom at the site be interesting to you? What?

yes they will

QUOTE(jabato @ Mar 30 2011, 02:37 AM)
Theres no 3ds access so you cant do that using native libraries. Your best chance is to use nds wifi libs , unless you mean an optimized website for nds but opera for nds doesnt support javascript.

the Wii Opera Browser has Javascript, and the latests builds of Opera support HTML5 it'd be stupid for Nintendo not to include HTML5 features.

do you have real proof that the browser won't support JS? because as I know, there isn't much detail on the browser yet...

Z

Zorua

aaroninfidel said:
Zorua said:
aaronslife said:
Zorua said:

yes they will

Why are you answering for the other guy?

Whoops looks like you're the OP. So, are you sure that nintendo will let you publish them for free?

aaronslife

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
friendcode.me
XP
Country
United States
yes, because they'll be running inside of the Web Browser that will be part of the update in May.

and I've just read the features I was interested in using will be available both HTML5, and Flash are supposably going to be working in the browser.

I don't really care too much about flash, but if they have HTML5 Support I'll be able to do Geolocation detection which would be nice.

Z

Zorua

aaronslife said:
Zorua said:
Have you made two accounts? If yes, you're not allowed to do so.

Sorry, I don't know how to close this one... do you know how?

Sign out and use the other one. Ask a supervisor/admin to delete/ban the older one.

aaroninfidel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
aaronslife said:
Zorua said:

Sign out and use the other one. Ask a supervisor/admin to delete/ban the older one.

alright, know anyone I should ask?

Also, just to get back on topic, any other apps you'd like to see?

Z

Zorua

aaroninfidel said:
Zorua said:
aaronslife said:
Zorua said:

alright, know anyone I should ask?

Also, just to get back on topic, any other apps you'd like to see?

Contact someone from the administrators group here.

Also, I'd like to see some other useful apps. I suggest that you look through the android and ios market. You can get lots of ideas from them.

aaroninfidel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aaroninfidel said:
Hi all,

I've just purchased 2 domains. 3dsparadise.com and friendcode.me I'm interested in making a few small and useful web applications that will work on the Nintendo 3DS.

I've been a Mobile Web Developer for the last 3 years and I hope to bring something fun to this community.

So, please post suggestions on what you'd like to see on either of these domains I plan on starting development in the beginning of April.

Thanks!

-Aaron

also, on friendcode.me should I support all DS Versions that have friend codes or just the 3DS?

-Aaron

Z

Zorua

aaroninfidel said:
aaroninfidel said:
Hi all,

Thanks!

-Aaron

also, on friendcode.me should I support all DS Versions that have friend codes or just the 3DS?

-Aaron

Well, that's for you to decide. I suggest that you support all DS versions because it'll be more popular that way.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I thought this was a concept for a PORTAL GAME on the 3DS.
frown.gif

Don't make the images bulky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??