Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
100REAL2 ADDED! 2011-08-20

QUOTE said:
http://www.mediafire.com/?t3wa7hedtxpp6ea
http://www.mediafire.com/?xg5r04n9ek2vp6k
QUOTEI've just bought my Nintendo 3DS for nearly a week and I really love 3D pictures to view on it. I like high quality pictures so I don't collect pictures taken from the Nintendo 3DS themselves. You know how different they look even on the N3DS screen.

I downloaded all pictures from and and I had about 4000 pictures. I spent a lot of time viewing and deleting and finally I've got exactly 1607 pictures from these 2 websites. I deleted those pictures taken from the N3DS, those with incorrect depth and those with depth too shallow to view on small screens.

I found out that a N3DS folder should have no more than 1000 pictures or it won't load. And one more thing it can count up to only 3000 pictures maximum. Now I'm gonna share 1000 first pictures in the first pack . I call it REAL because they are real life pictures. Perhaps in the future I will collect game screenshots or CG renders.

When I reach 2000 pictures I will share the second pack . My next website may be 3dporch.com.

I'm not sure if those websites find this action of me offensive, or I had included pictures of someone who shouldn't be into my pack. I'm sorry! Just tell me I'm wrong and I'll find a solution. (Keep it for my own self for example.
biggrin.gif
)

I believe these pictures are good for the Nintendo 3DS, because:
- They were not taken from the N3DS.
tongue.gif

- They have great depth viewing on small screens.
- They were resized to 400x240 for the sake of full screen, smooth details and a nice feathered black border. (If the resolution of a picture is bigger than 400x240 it would look jaggy on the N3DS screen.)
- Their EXIF time have been set to 2011-08-16 so they will be grouped in one folder on the N3DS.

Some examples:
6055410420_76bc477da4_b.jpg

6054862105_b0398c26a8_b.jpg

6055410570_14997d5a6f_b.jpg

6055410642_6f7699a66d_b.jpg

6055410712_aba5b066fc_b.jpg

6055410786_8e3c60d723_b.jpg

6055410820_4d76ae29f9_b.jpg

6054862421_bb47d7fc50_b.jpg

Try and enjoy!

famevn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I have finished . The results are 32,354 mpo files and 13GB.

I have also found a quick way to sort out pictures taken from the 3DS. Using Total Commander I can find a binary string "Nintendo Nintendo 3DS" (Its HEX is 4E 69 6E 74 65 6E 64 6F 00 00 4E 69 6E 74 65 6E 64 6F 20 33 44 53).

After the search I have 27,047 files and 3,5GB of pictures taken from the 3DS. So there are over 5,000 pictures left to round 2.
tongue.gif

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Wow, thanks! i'm downloading the mediafire package now. I love viewing 3D pictures on my 3DS! I'm sure some of these will be pretty sweet.

famevn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've added some examples to the first post. I wonder how many guys here can view side-by-side pictures without glasses.
cool.gif
blink.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a really awesome collection, and I feel like I've barely scraped the surface
happy.gif

I might have to upgrade to a bigger SD so I can keep more stuff like this permanently XD

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Nintendo really should start making some sort of organization options for this thing and not just base it on date. but then again, i guess Nintendo really didn't expect people to start putting in high-quality pictures in instead of using the sucky 3DS camera. And i miss that calendar page where you can scribble whatnots on a date to label albums as such.

anyways, downloading.
happy.gif

famevn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ferofax said:
Nintendo really should start making some sort of organization options for this thing and not just base it on date. but then again, i guess Nintendo really didn't expect people to start putting in high-quality pictures in instead of using the sucky 3DS camera. And i miss that calendar page where you can scribble whatnots on a date to label albums as such.

anyways, downloading.
happy.gif

I agree! The low quality of 3D pictures taken from 3DS is so obviously when comparing to imported 3D pictures. Days by days it has become annoying. It's sad we cannot simply make a good collection by our own 3DS cameras. And the way the 3DS groups pictures by date is very inconvenient. I hope they will recognize these weaknesses and improve them.

famevn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
exangel said:
It's a really awesome collection, and I feel like I've barely scraped the surface
happy.gif

I might have to upgrade to a bigger SD so I can keep more stuff like this permanently XD

Thank you for your compliment! You give me the thrust to complete the 100REAL2 pack.
I'm at work now. It's gonna be a big night tonight when I start to pick nice pictures from nearly 5,000 downloaded ones from .

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
these look great, but you know... after adding the first batch, every time i open up the 3DS Camera up, it takes so much longer to initialize. i'm considering removing them again, and keeping the pictures up to a 100 per folder (kinda like how the 3DS does it).

D

Deleted_171835

The pictures are pretty good.

I just wish there was less personal ones. Not really interested in seeing pictures of people I don't know.

famevn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
The pictures are pretty good.

I just wish there was less personal ones. Not really interested in seeing pictures of people I don't know.

Yes I'm gonna recollect them again to have a better collection, keeping your suggestion in mind.
wink.gif

famevn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ferofax said:
these look great, but you know... after adding the first batch, every time i open up the 3DS Camera up, it takes so much longer to initialize. i'm considering removing them again, and keeping the pictures up to a 100 per folder (kinda like how the 3DS does it).

It is my problem too. I wonder if I put 1000 pictures in 10 folders will load faster than in 1 folder. Have you done this test?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
helpful hint: if you use the "+quote" button on multiple posts and then click "add reply" at the bottom of the thread; instead of quoting per-post, you can respond to multiple quotes without double/multi-posting (which is technically against the rules).
(*it doesn't quite work to add quotes from multiple pages though/yet)

It (the 3DS Camera App) took a very long time for me on initial load, as well.

I don't mind the personal pictures if they're a decent demonstration of stereoscopic photography (good depth/angle) and are taken with style. But there are a lot more pictures with people in them that are simply ordinary, maybe even a little tacky.

I haven't taken the time to remove my SD card from my 3DS unit yet but I'm looking forward to adding the second collection. Perhaps by then it'll be figured out if reducing the number of pictures per folder will decrease the initial app load time.

Again, the vast majority of the pictures I've seen (from the first collection) were great and I look forward to sharing them with my father later this year. He has some stereoscopic aerial photographs that he showed me as a child (he had done surveying for CALTRANS in the late 70's and I think that was a byproduct of it). He and I saw a large 3D television screen at a local electronics store last fall and we could barely tell the difference from a nice hidef LCD of similar size; I think the screen of the 3DS is far more perceptible.

I also noticed the 3D display depth isn't adjustable for stills, only the games.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
famevn said:
ferofax said:

It is my problem too. I wonder if I put 1000 pictures in 10 folders will load faster than in 1 folder. Have you done this test?
i haven't, but i will try that in a staggered fashion (like 100 in 1 folder, then adding another 100 in another folder, until i get to 1000).

EDIT: No good. maybe it's the sheer volume of photos in a single date, or it could very well be just the sheer volume of photos. kinda like how thumb drives with a few big movies are easier to scan than one with thousands of small text files and whatnots. which means the application doesn't do file indexing very well and has to rescan every single boot of the app.

famevn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks exangel for your hint!

From the beginning with my 3DS I had been suffering a lot of pictures with poor depth. So I were just happy with those full of depth. And I kept nearly all of them. But now I know I have more than I need. It's time to recollect them again.

I notice that the pictures taken with the native camera can be adjusted near of far, not to the imported one. And the adjustment for still is different from real time 3D. We can only push still pictures nearer or farther, not the overall range of depth. I know that to change the range of depth we must change the angle, which changes everything in the image. That is impossible for stills.

One more concern, I wonder how good the screen of 3DS is comparing to other 3D phones today. I think they have higher resolution. If so I will consider to try one.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
scratch what i previously said. once the file management gets around to adjusting (when you scatter the 1000 pics into folders of a hundred), it gets reasonably fast when booting. so yes, i can confirm that keeping pics to 100 per folder helps a lot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte