3Ds outdated

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by anime4ever, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jun 16, 2010

3Ds outdated by anime4ever at 4:07 PM (3,796 Views / 0 Likes) 31 replies

1. anime4ever
    OP

Member anime4ever GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Do you think the 3Ds will be outdated?
    I mean it will be out in one year, it have slight better graphic then the PSP, it is suppose to last around 6 years with those graphics.
    I was hoping for something a bit more powerful.

And the axis things and gyro, they are surely better on the iPod touch, and are getting better in the 4gen. As the graphic, resolution and the processor.

In 2 more generation the ipod will kill the 3Ds in terms of hardware.

That means that the only things in the 3DS that are good is the 3D(that works only in certain conditions) and the real physical buttons?

2. cris92x

Member cris92x GBAtemp Fan

United States
    By your standards the DS was outdated b4 it came out and so is the psp... and basically anything out right now is outdated .... you do realize graphics arent everything, hell the DS is the worlds top selling console and it is nowhere near amazing in terms of graphics or sound or anything else.

3. yuyuyup

Member yuyuyup GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I do hope it comes out before the market is flooded with 3d cameras/3d screens

4. HaniKazmi

Member HaniKazmi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    1. How do you know how good its graphics are, without seeing it for yourself. All we have are zoomed in trailers, which I doubt do it justice. And it looks a lot better than the PSP, no just slightly.
    2. Similarly, how on earth do you know how goo the motion sensing is?
    3. Issnt it the games which matter the msot? And the 3ds certainly is getting a lot of good ones.

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    top selling portable system, ps2 still holds the #1 spot overall

6. creativ

Member creativ GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    For me it no matter

And i think there will be a high chance that the 3DS came on xmas

7. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Apple products are not real gaming devices just devices you can play games on. Unless Apple take gaming seriously it'll never take over from Nintendo. The games on that are mostly 5 minute wonders at best.

Look how long the DS, GBA and even PS2 have lasted. Its about keeping gamers interested with good games and good ideas not graphics. The DS is still outselling the PSP with games that look 15 years old.

Nothing to worry about.

8. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    This, really, the OP is either ignorant or trying to troll here, because he's stating things he can't possibly know anything about. Also, do you (OP) actually know what you're saying when you say the 3D only works under certain conditions? Care to explain what these conditions are? And if so, what other 3D capable things can do it better? To me, it seems like there's less conditions to care about for the 3DS's 3D than there's conditions to care about on other 3D capable things (number one being: you don't need 3D glasses).

9. OGTiago

Member OGTiago GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    Not really, those graphics look nice, and will be a lot better in 3D. And they will only get better. Look at games like Golden Sun and Dragon Quest 9 which are coming this year for the DS, no one thought games could look that good on the DS.

I can cope with the DS, I think I will be just fine with the 3DS.

Not for long. Last time I checked it was very close, and DS keeps selling like hot cakes. Not to mention in a 6 year time frame it has easily beaten PS2 which is in it's 10th year!

10. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Does not compute.

11. Overlord Nadrian

Belgium
    Well, I wouldn't say it's near the power of a PS3 or Xbox 360, but it definitely has the power of a Wii.

EDIT: Hey PettingZoo! I didn't notice it was you! [​IMG]

12. ProtoKun7

Global Moderator ProtoKun7 GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 3

United Kingdom
    To keep it short, I think it will be around for a while yet. In a few years maybe, then yes, it could be outdated, but by then we'll be on 9th generation consoles (probably).

13. BobTheJoeBob

Member BobTheJoeBob The most optimistic person on the temp. :)

United Kingdom
    What every body else else who posted above me said.

There's only one trailer for one game for the 3DS, and that's Kid Icarus which the trailer I doubt did any justice to what it actually likes graphically. And those screen shots aren't proper screen shots, there just developer conceptions of what there hoping to get.

14. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    First, PS2 is not even portable to start with, except if you take a few kilograms worth of metal and plastic without any screen portable. The fact you can't play it everywhere might be one of the reasons it doesn't sell even better

DS may be the best selling game system ever, but PS2 is the best quality console I have ever had in my life, so many memories, so many great games [​IMG]

Enough with that, 3DS is not even out for public yet and here we have someone asking if it's outdated in one year. Freaking seriously, THIS IS NOT PC, if 3DS is outdated in one year, PS3 is already outdated, just because it's already past one year from it's launching date

15. Overlord Nadrian

Belgium
    No, they really are screenshots, IMHO they look really good already and we have yet to see the games in motion!

16. Gnargle

Member Gnargle The day I set a profile picture is the day I die

United Kingdom
    Fixed OP's post.

17. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    3D alone should keep from saying 3DS is outdated. [​IMG]

18. Uchiha Obito

Member Uchiha Obito GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Computer says no... [​IMG]

Anyway I would like to see how outdated the 3DS is already... Oh wait I know... It could be using solar energy instead of electricity...

For god's sake, until we don't get a Wii, Xbox or PS3 that can play 3D (even with glasses) I refuse to say this...

3DS WON'T LAST FOR LONG! [​IMG]

Instead I say this:

NINTENDO IS THE BEST BRAND OF CONSOLES EVER!!! [​IMG] Now, who's with me? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

19. Elrinth

Member Elrinth :Master beyond your imagination:

Sweden
    Give this guy some credits. He knows the PS3 is just so much better than Wii because of it's Computation Power, Operating System, Online Capabilities, Input Devices and Storage Capabilities.
    Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Final Fantasy 13, Metal Gear Solid 4 just wouldn't be the same game on Wii. [​IMG]

As for the 3DS! I'm buying one day one because of Kid Icarus! [​IMG] As for the rest of the games... WTF I don't need remakes of anything, give me NEW experiences instead of the same old again.

20. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    NEW experiences can come from the remake from the 3D.

Ps3 does 3D , but

I'm with u [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.