Gaming 3DS or 3DSXL

Shadowhunta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That's actually what im thinking of doing... buying the XL, then selling the original on eBay... but I just want to know from someone who has had BOTH which they prefer. That's what's going to help me pick.
I bought a launch 3DS back then. I didn't like how it is uncomfortable to hold it and short battery life, so I sold it and stick with my DSi XL until 3DS XL came out.

If it were me, 3DS XL all the way.

thats the response i was looking for. thanks. anyone else?

Yup, i traded my 3DS in for the XL, then my mate went and bought a 3DS a month later, so i have both to hand for comparison and i have to say i'm glad i went XL, i even playit more now it has the bigger screens and it just generally looks nicer, i know that sounds stupid but it really does! Go for the 3DSXL, don't think about it, do it.

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I disagree with most people when they say the XL should've been what Nintendo released in the first place.
I have a launch 3DS and an XL, and I use both all the freaking time. I have to say, I guess my XL gets a bit more love, but not because of the size, but because it's new.
See, the XL isn't worth carrying around outside the house, and it won't easily fit in a small bag or pouch. I know I'm not helping by saying I like both. I figure maybe you should head over to a store and actually hold it; make your own judgements. Both 3DS systems were worth the money for me.

Hang on if you say money isn't an issue, then how about you keep your current 3DS and buy an XL as well?

that's called a waste of money.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If I had the money, I'd trade in my 3DS for an XL (with a system transfer of course) because it has a few advantages over the original. However, my current plan is to get the Nyko Power Grip +, which offers 3x battery life, CPP integration, a protective casing, and would give a better grip for my hands. That comes out later this year I believe.

retrodoctor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You kind of act like a self entitled jerk, but I'll help anyway: get the XL. The bigger screens are much welcomed and make the 3D effect have a larger sweet spot. Also, the original 3DS is very, very ugly. The mash up between gloss, glitter, and flat plastic is probably the most unattractive thing Nintendo could possibly do. Aside from all of that, the XL is generally more comfortable than the 3DS for anyone who has larger hands. Either way, all of this information has been stated in numerous reviews of the console.

Reactions: 2 people

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traded my Ambassador 3DS for an Xl (system xfer). The XL is the way to go, see my game list? All games look better and some have less ghosting. XL has more battery life matte to so greasy finger prints, no worries for top screen scratch and bigger screen. It was worth, got it for $100 and never looked back. System xfer take 25-30min.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hang on if you say money isn't an issue, then how about you keep your current 3DS and buy an XL as well?
that's called a waste of money.
Why not read the entire post instead of the last 5 words?

I say trade in your 3DS and get the XL. Games (to me) look much better on the bigger screens, plus a better battery life makes YOUR life better if you don't have immediate access to an outlet.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
3DS XL Pros:
- Super large screen which looks quite similar to 3DS standard from normal distance.
- Better design (nicer to hold, no more scratch)
- +1.5 to 2 hours of battery juice
- Good headphone output

XL cons:
- mediocre speakers

3DS pros:
- Easier to carry around
- Better quality sound
- Still OK battery (neutral)

3DS cons:
- mediocre headphone output
- design flaws

If money isn't an issue, go with the XL straightaway.

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree. If money isn't an issue, get the XL. I bought mine on launch day and I have no regrets. The normal 3ds looks SO small now.

Also, it may be a good idea to keep your old 3ds to transfer your content and you can streetpass with yourself every 8 hours for easy Find Mii winning.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You know it's funny how the 3DS feels small in my hands after using a 3DS XL, but a DSi doesn't.
Meanwhile the DSi XL feels too large for me whilst the 3DS XL doesn't.

Ain't that something? I think the 3DS format was just meant to be larger in the end.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
You should watch this video:

10 reasons to buy a Nintendo 3DS XL

Why did you put that up? Now my want for the XL is even greater.

A note on the video. Some of the reasons weren't really separate reasons. They were extensions from the first reason; the increased screen size.

kira1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Having personally tried the 3ds and looking at the XL online, I decided to buy the XL as it has a longer battery life and a bigger display. I highly recommend the XL (a day-one purchase for me :) )

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i got both lol. aka waste of money.. although the regualr 3ds has been given to another member of my family. Thanks guys for the help. I love this thing.

Reactions: 1 person

TheZoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i got both lol. aka waste of money.. although the regualr 3ds has been given to another member of my family. Thanks guys for the help. I love this thing.
How happy are you with nintendo 3ds xl ?

I like the small system, the only reason I'd trade is for the screen scratching possibility in the smaller unit.

But sadly, the 3DS XL is extremely expensive here, thus, I'll keep the small unit.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been pretty confused on what 3DS to buy I was going to go with the 3DS due to it being slightly cheaper, but after that video Dmaloof posted im going for the XL.

Thanks for posting the video DmaLoof.

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You should Watch THIS Video. lol.. My feelings and first impressions of it are here, and i give a nice comparison between the two.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IZO7eCtovw[/youtube]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)