3DS: Mario, Zelda will launch after E3!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by heartgold, Jan 26, 2011.

Jan 26, 2011
  1. heartgold
    OP

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You can watch the video on site below
    Source

I'm assuming these games are Mario kart and Zelda OOT, fuck this! [​IMG]

2. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    Lol yes buying Madden, Dead or Alive, and Street Fighter IV again will placate hardcore fans.

3. NatureMade

Member NatureMade GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I can appreciate what's being done here. People [not tempers, but in general] are all complaining, "Where's my Kid Icarus, where's my OoT?" What they don't understand is, Ninty is giving the developers quality time to make sure the games are as good as they can get, but at the same time, they're also keeping their big guns in store for later. and The games coming out in the Launch Window are just appetizers for what's ahead in the market.

This could also be seen as a way to ensure more 3DS's get into more hands before the big titles launch, since only a set amount are being shipped per country. I honestly think it's genius, and I know IDGAF what the launch titles are, I'm getting this bad boy day one simply for the 3D Camera.

4. purechaos996

Member purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    gives me more time to save up money/decide if I want one or not then, All of the launch titles for NA anyway kinda seem well....suckish lol.

5. Traversal

Member Traversal SASUKE-KUUUUUN~~~

United States
    Meh, I'm not very surprised about this. It's not like they were going to release all of their biggest games right after launch. I'm glad about this though, since more development time usually means more quality. Plus by then, I'll hopefully be able to afford the games.

6. Annieone23

Member Annieone23 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i see where they are coming from honestly. previous e3's for ninty lately have been god awful atrocious but their last one showed they had learned from those mistakes.

they are holding their punches and leaving the big name games for e3 so as to ensure its interesting and good. cant blame 'em lol.

7. DigitalDeviant

Member DigitalDeviant GBAtemp Addict

United States
    yup, more time to save up, 3DS will probably be sold out for months.

8. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    This doesn't explain much.
    I doubt Reggie knows when the games are going to launch. He only knows what games are coming out from now until E3. The Zelda and Mario games could be launching in 2012, based on this.

9. Fireballo

Banned Fireballo Banned

United States
    I'm not going to throw down $250 until there's really good games to play.

10. Stevetry

Banned Stevetry Most perverted person in GBATEMP

Puerto Rico

in the other hand i will cuz i know good games are coming so you lost HAHAHAH

11. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Well, you're going to have to throw down the money anyway. The way I see it is you might as well get one at launch and play DS games on it or something until something good comes.

12. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    Meh, as long as have the Resident Evil game, I'm good until Mario and Zelda arrive. I love my Resident Evil [​IMG]

13. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Umm this isn't exactly news. This is logic. Once the "launch window games" list was released(launch window, in this scenario, is defined by Nintendo as between launch and E3), we all saw that those games didn't make the list, thus meaning, by Nintendo's given definition, they will launch after E3. We don't really need 2 of the same "news." But the tiny interview is a nice touch.

14. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    He could a least get one 3DS title too 'till then, the launch titles are not that bad.

Sorry when is E3 coming again? [​IMG]

15. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Yes, let's laugh at his financial savvy! Haha, you actually keep your money to make sure you have a worthwhile product to buy at an appropriate time instead of taking a leap and buying it first thing! Hahaha!

As for the launch news, I'd rather still wait until Christmas myself. If I wanted to play Ocarina of Time I would go play it right now (I can live without the 3D) and Mario Kart is basically the same thing a lot of the times but with a few new tracks. Might as well play Mario Kart Wii.

16. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    This is a big mistake.

There isn't a single flagship title launching with the system. The novelty of Nintendogs has worn off after a million DS pet sims flooded the market. And Pilotwings is great fun but its certainly not a system seller.

Nintendo, you're getting arrogant. Remember what happened the last time you were arrogant? Yeah, GameCube era... It wasn't pretty.

17. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    What are you talking about? Nothing wrong with gamecube era and have some patience.

I like to see you play those on the go.

18. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    Honestly I think waiting until the holiday season is going to be a bad idea. Look at the Wii. Out of stock frequently, and so much demand made it impossible to get for a year and a half.

19. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    You act like that makes the game 1,000 times better.

Mario Kart is really only fun with people. Odds are you won't have a person to play it with you constantly, especially on the go. I'd rather just sit at home and play it on WiFi on the Wii with better controls. And having to be stuck down to a WiFi point with your 3DS to play online is hardly "portable".

As for Ocarina of Time, who cares. It's a console game, I don't need it on the go. People criticize the PSP for making too many "console-quality games" and not enough "handheld games" yet no one bats a lash when Nintendo ports a pretty clear console game over to the handheld.

Also, use a N64 emu and a laptop. Even my shitty laptop runs N64 emus fine. Problem solved. Don't go on saying "OH BUT NOT IN 3D HAHA". Honestly, here's what the 3D will probably be.

1) Turn it on.
    2) WOW IT POPS OUT SLIGHTLY.
    3) Ow, my head hurts
    4) Meh, turn it off.

It's not gonna be Avatar in the palm of your hands. It's why I'm looking much more at the NGP and higher resolution then the 3D here.

As for your Gamecube era comment, yeah, the Gamecube had plenty of great games but it sold pretty poorly. Outside of the Dreamcast, it was the worst selling home console that generation.

20. TheTwoR's

Member TheTwoR's Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D

Belgium
    Meh.
    Who cares about the future?
    Im preordering my 3DS right nao!!! [​IMG]