Hardware 3ds LL battery

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I need a 3ds LL (japanese version) original and new battery, delivered to Italy.
Can you point me to an online store where I can purchase it? Thanks :)

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, I don't feel like taking chances.
Though anyone else in the same situation, might be glad to know I contacted nipponyasan store and asked if they could add the article to their store, they just replied me with this:

And I confirmed it was correct, so I believe soon this item will appear in their store :D
There has been a shortage of brand new official Nintendo SPR-003 batteries for the past few months. Because Nintendo of Europe does not directly sell to the public their batteries, you're better off buying the comparable generic Cellonic brand that's widely available in Europe. Check my Amazon IT signature. You can read the review about Cellonic here.

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is hard to put my trust on someone representing their own store, is a conflict of interests, don't you think? :)
I think I'm better off waiting for the original one added on nippon yasan store actually ^_^'
But thanks for letting me know about the alternative

Last edited by Marcus Aseth,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is hard to put my trust on someone representing their own store, is a conflict of interests, don't you think? :)
I think I'm better off waiting for the original one added on nippon yasan store actually ^_^'
Its not mr. poo's store. Its a alternative to waiting potentially months for if nintendo ever decides to release said battery that you are after.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

erikas

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know, I don't feel like taking chances.
Though anyone else in the same situation, might be glad to know I contacted nipponyasan store and asked if they could add the article to their store, they just replied me with this:

And I confirmed it was correct, so I believe soon this item will appear in their store :D
Just check the battery parameters. It should have a model number, and then search for a battery with that model number.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just check the battery parameters. It should have a model number, and then search for a battery with that model number.

I need to unscrew the back cover to do so? (I don't have purchased the tiny screwdriver yet...)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Its not mr. poo's store. Its a alternative to waiting potentially months for if nintendo ever decides to release said battery that you are after.
Oh ok, if it was setup to help others around here, then sorry for doubting :grog:

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have affiliation with any of the stores for the products linked in my signature. I've included those to quickly assist or provide reference to anyone looking to purchase commonly sought out 3DS goods. You can search my post history here in the 3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware section to see that I only link items most relevant in fixing people's technical problems.

As someone who has pointed out before the (o/n)3DS(XL/LL) battery shortage since at least July this year (it has been ongoing starting around June or even earlier), it should come as no surprise that brand new official Nintendo SPR-003 batteries are no longer listed like in the USA Nintendo online parts store since the n3DS(XL/LL) model went out of production. The most likely reason for the shortage is that all battery manufacturing focus has gone into making Switch & Switch Lite batteries.

You could import an official Nintendo SPR-003 battery overseas from a 3rd party retailer, but this might not make economic sense if you're paying 2-3x times more than its normal retail value. There's also the gamble you get a battery from an older batch; Li-ion rechargeable batteries degrade over time even when not in use.

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As someone who has pointed out before the (o/n)3DS(XL/LL) battery shortage since at least July this year (it has been ongoing starting around June or even earlier), it should come as no surprise that brand new official Nintendo SPR-003 batteries are no longer listed like in the USA Nintendo online parts store since the n3DS(XL/LL) model went out of production.

But those batteries are shared in common with the New Nintendo 3ds, why should they stop production if the New Nintendo 3ds is still in production? Are they abandoning that too?
Also, why using this bullsh*t batteries to begin with? So that people give them money for replacement?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But those batteries are shared in common with the New Nintendo 3ds, why should they stop production if the New Nintendo 3ds is still in production? Are they abandoning that too?
Also, why using this bullsh*t batteries to begin with? So that people give them money for replacement?
The n3DS(XL/LL) is no longer in production or not made in any significant quantities. Here over in the United States (someone from Europe chime in how stocks are going for you guys' side of the pond), New 3DS XL are not sold in brick and mortar stores anymore. The common avenue in buying a n3DSXL these days are refurbished units from Nintendo store -or- dwindling supply of brand new limited edition models from 3rd party holdouts; see my signature under 3DS systems section by what I mean by this.

The only 3DS systems that are still produced or sold brand new are the Old 2DS and New 2DS XL, but these do not share the same battery as the (o/n)3DS(XL/LL).
  • The New 3DS XL and Old 3DS XL both use the SPR-003 battery.
  • The Old 3DS, Old 2DS, New 2DSXL, and Switch Pro Controller all use the CTR-003 battery.
  • The New 3DS uses the KTR-003 battery, although the n3DS can use the smaller sized CTR-003 battery if required.
As for why I'm suggesting the Cellonic brand battery, it's because of the official SPR-003 battery shortage, Nintendo of Europe refusal to sell their batteries to their consumers, and it is a suitable substitution in case importing an official battery is very costly to you.

Reactions: IC_

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is some real bullsh*t, basically after some years I will be left with a just pieces of plastic on my hands (tenchnically, I am already...)
Why noone is making some cabled battery device that act as a computer PSU? I use it only in my room anyway, so a cable coming out of my 3ds somewhere and going into the power outlet is not a big deal.

Seriously, console used to be more durable than this, people is probably still using a SNES today!
This is some strong argument for piracy and emulation, once Citra is done I'm done with this bullsh*t greedy thieving company Nintendo >_>

Last edited by Marcus Aseth,

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is some real bullsh*t, basically after some years I will be left with a just pieces of plastic on my hands (tenchnically, I am already...)
Why noone is making some cabled battery device that act a a computer PSU? I use it only in my room anyway, so a cable coming out of my 3ds somewhere and going into the power outlet is not a big deal.

Seriously, console used to be more durable then this, people is probably still using a SNES today!
This is some strong argument for piracy and emulation, once Citra is done I'm done with this bullsh*t greedy thieving company Nintendo >_>
You can just take 2 wires and connect the battery contacts to a 3.7v power supply

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just take 2 wires and connect the battery contacts to a 3.7v power supply
Yay, that's a bad idea. Directly connecting the AC charger's 5 DVC output side to the battery terminals can prematurely kill the 3DS system. * The supplied voltage is a tad too high versus the nominal 3.7 V the battery typically feeds to the 3DS.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Marcus Aseth

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pretty sure I'm going to die if I try anything electricity related :\
I doubt you can die from low DC voltage like this unless maybe you short a power supply without any short circuit protection and something blows up or starts a fire
Yay, that's a bad idea. Directly connecting the AC charger's 5 DVC output side to the battery terminals can prematurely kill the 3DS system. * The supplied voltage is a tad too high versus the nominal 3.7 V the battery typically feeds to the 3DS.
I meant a 3.7v supply that's in the range of the 3DS battery and not directly the 4.6/5V 3DS charger

It's still better to just have a good battery and a good charger and this would be more like a temporary soluton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant a 3.7v supply that's in the range of the 3DS battery and not directly the 4.6/5V 3DS charger

It's still better to just have a good battery and a good charger and this would be more like a temporary soluton
@Marcus Aseth, if your n3DSLL instantly shuts off when the charger is removed, don't force charge the battery. A completely dead battery that can't hold any charge means you should only connect the AC charger when using the n3DSLL. Charging a battery that can't take a charge will wear out the microfuses and related power components.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the battery contacts on the 3DS not on the battery
Sorry for not saying it clearly
Nah, I'm the one who misread your post. You did state "3.7v power supply", not 5 V from the AC charger. As seen in a later post in that thread, hooking up a 3.7 V power source is doable but messy. It's easy to cross the (+) and (-) wires and instantly hard brick.

As long as the dead battery isn't swollen, it's safer to keep using it and always disconnect the AC charger when turning off the 3DS.

Reactions: IC_

Marcus Aseth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
got a reply from NipponYasan:
Thank you for your message and for your reply.
The order page of the product will be available soon.

You guys might be interested, since they deliver the original batteries outside Japan too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.