Hacking 3DS Homebrew Channel!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This looks fake, because it just looks like a TEXT EDIT of the System Settings icon.
Because it is literally all I'm seeing, I fail to see how this is PROGRESS of any KIND!
The System Settings icon is right after the Download Play icon, which is what we can clearly see in the picture.
So...... To settle the conflict... LAUNCH the application and tell me it doesn't lead into the System Settings! If it doesn't fair enough but....PROVE IT!
If he successfully edited the name of the system settings icon, which is on the firmware itself and not the SD card, then THAT is the significance of this, provided this is not a fake.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
if that is Neimods flickr account, then is he teasing when he states at the bottom of the photo "Photoshop'ed? Or real? Hmmm..."
I think he took the photo because the photo's page says he used a Canon PowerShot G10, the camera he always uses. He's definitely teasing about the PhotoShop stuff, this is a real unaltered pic.

Reactions: 2 people

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
... Mostly I would say BS. But he's teasing us to get attention. And obviously, it is working.
I'm rather intrigued but I'm still skeptical about it.

EDIT: I saw his pics and WOW, he really wants to know what makes the 3DS tick. Although, I don't think it much for now. He edited the name of it. But I don't think it means he can boot any unsigned program yet.

Giratina3

Official Lilac of GBATemp
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks fake, because it just looks like a TEXT EDIT of the System Settings icon.
Because it is literally all I'm seeing, I fail to see how this is PROGRESS of any KIND!
The System Settings icon is right after the Download Play icon, which is what we can clearly see in the picture.
So...... To settle the conflict... LAUNCH the application and tell me it doesn't lead into the System Settings! If it doesn't fair enough but....PROVE IT!
If he successfully edited the name of the system settings icon, which is on the firmware itself and not the SD card, then THAT is the significance of this, provided this is not a fake.
Fair enough, but until proven, I'm very unsure.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fair enough, but until proven, I'm very unsure.
And yet you seemed so sure that it's fake without any given proof.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish someone who knows about systems and hacking could weigh in on the significance or lack thereof, of Neimods posting.

Are you saying GBATemp lacks knowledgeable members on this subject?

No, I'm saying I wish someone who knows about systems and hacking could weigh in on the significance or lack thereof, of Neimods posting, lol.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Now Im wondering if this is a photoshop edit or an ACTUAL title edit. Changing system settings to homebrew channel is pretty awesome and a good step in hacking the 3ds.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Neimod, huh? Remaining skeptical in lack of evidence abolishing all shadows of doubt.
The fun part about this is that he does it because it's his hobby, not for you guys. It's unlikely that he'll be posting any proof just because you don't believe what you see - the tease is the thrill. :P

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Neimod, huh? Remaining skeptical in lack of evidence abolishing all shadows of doubt.
The fun part about this is that he does it because it's his hobby, not for you guys. It's unlikely that he'll be posting any proof just because you don't believe what you see - the tease is the thrill. :P
Do you think he will avoid releasing the exploit, if one even exists for us mortals ?

Reactions: Margen67

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lol I know. I'm just jumping in on the bandwagon. He has good reason not to release it as well, hobby or not.

HINT: It involves court rooms. :ninja:

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

lol I know. I'm just jumping in on the bandwagon. He has good reason not to release it as well, hobby or not.

HINT: It involves courtrooms. :ninja:

Edit: WTF happened to my internets? It was like 74 an hour ago...
Not really. If he does indeed find an exploit in the firmware then it is more than likely that he will share it with the community, this way or another. Those people have channels through which they share confidential info, don't worry. ;)

I don't see Team Twiizers behind bars, and yet every single hacked Wii works using their software.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but ninty is not really known for law suits ,except for their suing bung ent, , and so what people in these scenes especially the ps3 scene act like its so hard to upload files anon

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
but ninty is not really known for law suits
Perhaps you should dwell a bit further into Nintendo's history, besides, this has nothing to do with Nintendo.

GeoHotz problem with Sony was that he posted data which simply belonged to Sony - he just retrieved it. Twiizers and the like post their own original code. The fact that it modifies whatever Nintendo or whoever else put on their devices is irrelevant here, the code by itself is not stolen.

That said, this is not something to be 100% excited about before more proof is posted, which is likely "never, at least not until it's done".

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but ninty is not really known for law suits ,except for their suing bung ent, , and so what people in these scenes especially the ps3 scene act like its so hard to upload files anon

No its they want to have the req and not have the repercussions from it so for that reason they dont want to release anon

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't see Team Twiizers behind bars, and yet every single hacked Wii works using their software.

Got me there, I know about the hidden channels and other anonymous release methods. But me being out of the loop so to speak grants me the ignorance to assume the worst in the investors. IMO I don't expect this to be released until another couple months when it is idiot-proof or at least has a simpler method of performing the hack. We both know how entitled the scene's....(audience?) has become and how simple people think they need it. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: