Hacking 3DS Hardmod

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a guide that shows exactly how to do this on a 3dsXl? I looked in the tutorial section but found nothing.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This sums up the wiring for the SD adapter version.

3dsxl_nand_pinout-jpg.16977

Then just follow the same guide as the regular 3DS.

Attachments

• 3DSXL_NAND_pinout.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 7,890

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is a point on the other side of the board that can be used instead of the one under the game slot as well, it's tiny though. But you would only trust someone experienced with a soldering iron to do that sort of thing and then it would probably be a non issue anyway.

Does someone have a pic to share about this point that can be used to avoid using the one under the game slot for a non-XL 3DS? Thanks.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always have to warn ppl that the flex cables and connectors for the screens, etc. are very fragile. Even if you know how to open/close them there is still a chance to muck things up.

/warning

Reactions: Nightwish

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just received my 3DS hardmod from gamesquest1.

150429013859380298.jpg

Just tested the upgrade to 9.7 then 4.5 downgrade (had several nand backup made with the gateway but did two new ones with the mod and checked both of them were exactly the same), works perfectly, thanks again!
Also was done pretty fast, done and sent back the day after he received it.
Now, I'll be able to test some stuffs I wanted to test :)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Fixed it with my own picture, as it seems to be a problem (though I mentionned it wasn't mine and is merely just a quote of a picture from this own thread).

And you can see, like I said, it look exactly the same.

D

Deleted-19228

With mine, I don't use USB, because of the confusion of people plugging it directly in to the PC. With mine you get 2 options on the original 3DS. They look like this:
15356811151_19d29b2236_z.jpg

15311967696_7fcf0c294d_z.jpg

15335004135_e5e61dda4b_z.jpg

Do you have P/N's for those headers? I have been trying to find something really small like that.

OsemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I would like to perform this on my N3DS XL. Been doing some soldering with my xbox 360 before.
Can someone give me the tutorial link for N3DSXL hard mod for noobs please, even better if theres video tutorial available. I found several tuts on O3DS XL but non for the N3DS XL

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Basically, method is the same for all 3DS. The only difference is the pinout.

This link give all the pinouts versions : http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Hardware#NAND_pinout

In your situation, here's the one you need (New 3DS XL) :

N3DSXLeMMC.jpg

Basically, it's just to solder a 4-pins cable to the 3DS (DAT0, CMD, CLK and the ground) and the other part depend of your choice.

Some peoples sold a SD Card Reader directly to the cable, some others add a port to the 3DS, and then do a separate cable.

Here's a video :

It's for the 3DS XL but the method is the same.

And the second part :

This one talks about the dumping/writing nand part.

Reactions: OsemGuy

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
This is even better since you get the wiring on the female end.
better for some, but the beauty with the non wired ones is you can bend the legs and they still fit in the lanyard hole on the o3ds XL, and whey can fit behind the battery cover on the n3DS, if we where doing all the ports on the side in a console with more free room they would be good, but for the 3DS's the non wired variety is actually more versatile

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo