Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
Necron N.N said:
I'll wait for the lite version of 3DS (even though designers said it was a little difficult, with the desires of Nintendo to make more cash, it will be released)

i don't see how they could make it much smaller. its already, pretty much, the size of the ds lite. i think the next version will be bigger like the XL was.

-another world

Or a larger battery life, better cameras, etc.

D

Deleted-236924

On a completely unrelated note, is it true that 3DS games have their saves in the 3DS itself?
It would be really impratical, because we'd lose our save files if the 3DS broke or if anything similar happened.

If that is the case, then as long as we can take the save files and put it on another 3DS, I wouldn't mind.
I even could make backups easily.

spiritofcat said:
Zorua said:
It's true that lefties have problems with some games but then they could have put the 3DS stylus somewhere in the middle so that no one everyone would have problems with it.
Fixed
yay.gif

You ninja'd me...

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I liked the review because it was very un-biased, in my opinion. He simply said what he liked, and didn't like. Most reviews I read were like, "OMG! The 3D was the best thing I've ever experienced!!!"

However, it slightly pisses me off how people who have never read anything about the Nintendo 3DS have gotten to play one, while I have literally read every bit of information since its announcement, and I still haven't gotten the opportunity to play one (But I'm not saying its his fault or anything).

Also, I kind of believe the "sickness" after playing one for some people is real, but I think its exaggerated.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:
On a completely unrelated note, is it true that 3DS games have their saves in the 3DS itself?
It would be really impratical, because we'd lose our save files if the 3DS broke or if anything similar happened.

If that is the case, then as long as we can take the save files and put it on another 3DS, I wouldn't mind.

spiritofcat said:
Zorua said:
It's true that lefties have problems with some games but then they could have put the 3DS stylus somewhere in the middle so that no one everyone would have problems with it.
Fixed
yay.gif

You ninja'd me...
I thought the file saving to the internal memory was a bad thing at first, but now I think it's a good thing. The only bad thing is, enjoyed playing someone else's file in a game I bought used before starting my own.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pingouin7 said:

I don't think save files are interchangeable across 3DS. I mean you could back up save files on to SD card, but not load it on another 3DS. Same mechanism with the Wii. Although this does open up the possibilities of save exploit (like Twilight Hack).

D

Deleted-236924

awssk8er said:
I thought the file saving to the internal memory was a bad thing at first, but now I think it's a good thing. The only bad thing is, enjoyed playing someone else's file in a game I bought used before starting my own.
Ì think it's a bad thing, because I'd prefer my pokemans to be on the cart itself and not on the console.

QUOTE(trumpet-205 @ Mar 13 2011, 08:42 PM) I don't think save files are interchangeable across 3DS. I mean you could back up save files on to SD card, but not load it on another 3DS. Same mechanism with the Wii. Although this does open up the possibilities of save exploit (like Twilight Hack).
But wouldn't the system be cracked somehow?

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
trumpet-205 said:
I mean you could back up save files on to SD card, but not load it on another 3DS. Same mechanism with the Wii.
But you can transfer your saves to another Wii.
I played on my sisters Wii before I got my own and I could simply transfer my saves with an SD card.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
M[u said:
ddy]
trumpet-205 said:
I mean you could back up save files on to SD card, but not load it on another 3DS. Same mechanism with the Wii.
But you can transfer your saves to another Wii.
I played on my sisters Wii before I got my own and I could simply transfer my saves with an SD card.
Really? As transfer with no hack? Last time I tried I can't, but I'll try it again later.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I like the save file being on the cart so in case anything bad happens, your efforts are salvageable.
You can always get another DS, but you will never be able to have the same save file as you had.

The only upside to internal saving is that the system could be exploited through that.
As for the tiredness, I'm sure we'll get used to it with enough use.

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
trumpet-205 said:
Really? As transfer with no hack? Last time I tried I can't, but I'll try it again later.
You must have saved in the game at least once, or it won't work. After that you can delete the savegame and transfer the one from the SD card.
It doesn't work with Wifi enabled games of course, since you can't even copy them normally.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Another World said:
Necron N.N said:
I'll wait for the lite version of 3DS (even though designers said it was a little difficult, with the desires of Nintendo to make more cash, it will be released)
i don't see how they could make it much smaller. its already, pretty much, the size of the ds lite. i think the next version will be bigger like the XL was.
They already said that they're not making a 3DS lite. As in, the next revision of the 3DS will either be the same size, or bigger.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bowser said:
Is the location of the stylus that big of a deal? I'm right-handed but I don't think it really matters.

keasy said:
Great first impression hands on review.

Honest, apparently unbiased and straight to the major points.

Thx man.
Actually, Another World is female.
tongue.gif

Actually, several staff members have confirmed AW is male, and Costello refers to him as male.

Back on topic:

This is basically my list of drawbacks:
- Stylus placement - though I'm right handed, I do many things that don't involve writing (and can be done with one hand) with my left. That being said, removing the stylus is one thing I'm bad at with my left hand.
- D-Pad placement - though since the analog stick can be used as a digital for DS games I don't mind.
- Internal saving - self-explanatory.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
M[u said:
ddy]
trumpet-205 said:
You must have saved in the game at least once, or it won't work. After that you can delete the savegame and transfer the one from the SD card.
It doesn't work with Wifi enabled games of course, since you can't even copy them normally.

You don't have to have saved the game, just launched it. You can't install saves without the games ticket on the Wii, playing it installs the ticket on the Wii.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
well i saw the 3DS today in gamestation today and i wasn't that much impressed, i also didn't like that the 3DS was smaller than the dsi xl the 3d effect was ok but it wasn't OMG 10101! cool i didn't get to try any games for it apart from the in built camera with 3d effect, i did notice that anything put in front of it had a slight pop out effect.

so i think when the game devs first were talking about the 3D effect they were exaggerating it a bit to get hype and sell, they all talked how the 3ds will be revoluntary!
rolleyes.gif

another rumour that was spread around gba temp is that people who wear glasses cannot see the 3d effect well that is a LIE i saw the 3d effect perfectly well with MAX 3D settings! (i think the guy who was complaing was either blind or had very bad eyesight...
rolleyes.gif
)

oh and the black colour is a FINGERPRINT MAGNET! the 3ds i was looking at had so many fingerprints, why did nintendo go back to the glossy casing?

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jalaneme, I really think you might have to hold back your on your opinion about the 3D effect until you've played a 3DS game on the machine.

But bloody typical of UK demo stands. I tell you they either never have a game in the machine, any power, or on home consoles the pads are never plugged in. I'm surprised it didn't have a glass or acrylic box so you couldn't touch it.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to play the 3DS for about 20+ minutes this past weekend at PAX East and was able to play Pilotwings Resort, DoA: Dimensions, and LoZ 3D. Not sure if anyone cares, but here is my "impressions" of the 3DS:

I agree with most of what Another World has said. The lower screen is about the size of a DSi. Compared to the XL it is small, but I never felt it was "too small" a la the DS Lite. The top screen and 3D effects are exactly as Another World described. The 3D effects can be adjusted with a slider on the right side of the screen. My eyes started to hurt when I had it turned up all the way, but when I turned it down to about 50% I was OK. Next to the slider is a small "3D" light that lights up whenever 3D effects are in use.

Pilotwings was fun to play. I played the hangliding course and the 3D effects were great. Clouds rushed out of the screen as if I had actually flown threw them. The bottom screen is used for a map of the course. DoA plays like a 3D remake of DoA 4. The character's move list shows on the bottom screen and is dynamic, showing moves that can be comboed off what you are current doing (in air, laying on ground, etc.). Just in case you were wondering, I didn't see any breast jiggle when I shock the 3DS.

LoZ 3D was the biggest surprise for me. The game looks 10x better than any screenshots I have seen. There are no jaggies to be seen and it runs smooth as silk. The 3D effects are used nicely. While in Kokiri Forest, i picked up rocks and threw them into the background and at the screen. You feel like the rock has been thrown a few feet in front of you or directly at your face. The bottom screen was used for the map and inventory management. Items were mapped to the X, Y, and R buttons. I didn't get into any combat as I only had a few minutes with it and wanted to test out the 3D effects in the game.

After being able to play the system, I really want to get this day one. I might wait until LoZ and Star Fox come out so I can save up a bit of money.

YayMii said:
Another World said:
Necron N.N said:
They already said that they're not making a 3DS lite. As in, the next revision of the 3DS will either be the same size, or bigger.
From what I have read, they said there weren't any plans to make a 3DS Lite anytime soon. That doesn't mean it will never happen. Remember, we never thought we'd see the DS Lite or the XL for that matter. Personally, I'm hoping they make it a bit bigger (around the size of a XL) as I can see my hands cramping up after long sessions.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
*snip epic review*
EPIC REVIEW BRO. I'm really glad I preordered now. Since I'm already used to playing on a DS Lite a little bigger couldn't hurt; and the effects and graphics sound awesome. I'll probably save up a bit of my money for LoZ, and spend some cash on my first game.

ALSO, you know what would be awesome? WiFi Downloadable Demos ala Nintendo Channel! I'd love to demo LoZ
biggrin.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
leeday100196 said:
This rather unofficial review has signed my life away to the 3DS in blood.
epicCreations.org said:
gumbyx84 said:
*snip epic review*
EPIC REVIEW BRO. I'm really glad I preordered now. Since I'm already used to playing on a DS Lite a little bigger couldn't hurt; and the effects and graphics sound awesome. I'll probably save up a bit of my money for LoZ, and spend some cash on my first game.
Happy I could help guys.
smile.gif
Just wanted to give a counter-point to Another World's review. Sorry if I overstepped by bounds, AW. DoA:D is making me want to buy the 3DS at launch if only to get all the launch DLC. Its been said they will only have it up for the first week or so >.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: McDonald's pizza was pretty good 🥰 +1