3DS Hands-on Impressions

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOVED the review. Straight to the point, and you weren't covering up the "bad side" of things.

BTW, happy birthday! We share the same birthday!
wink.gif

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the review!
biggrin.gif

And Happy Birthday!
I'm really excited for the 3DS's release (2 weeks from now), especially since I've got one pre-ordered with both SSFIV 3D AND Nintendogs+Cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends.
Omg omg omg omg omg!!! hype!!

Slasher Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Schlupi said:
I actually LIKE the Stylus location... because I am left handed.
tongue.gif

Finally a time for us Lefties to get some design perks. All the styluses always on the right side lol.

Yeah tell them Schlupi
yaynds.gif
why didn't they make yay3DS emoticon any ways back to the subject

I too got fed up of the stylus being to the right side its about time some corporation acknowledged us lefties and cared

of how feel yeah now the 3DS is my favorite hand held console
smile.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice review, and unbiased too. I'm looking forward to the 3DS, but if there's one thing that really bugs me about it, it's that the circle pad is above the D-Pad, it just doesn't look right nor does it look like it would feel comfortable.

Off-Topic: Happy Birthday
hrth.gif
toot.gif

Feels Good Man

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm going to go and try it out today actually
smile.gif

Will post a brief impression later (I have an assignment later, that's why and I need to get that out of the way first)

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
It's true that lefties have problems with some games but then they could have put the 3DS stylus somewhere in the middle so that no one everyone would have problems with it.
Fixed
yay.gif

It's good to see these hands-on impressions coming out now. I'll have to check and see if there are any more demo sessions in Sydney before the launch.
Edit: Awww, looks like I missed out on the pre-launch demo sessions in NSW. There were some in Feb and now no more until April.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slasher Zero said:
Schlupi said:
I actually LIKE the Stylus location... because I am left handed.
tongue.gif

Finally a time for us Lefties to get some design perks. All the styluses always on the right side lol.

Yeah tell them Schlupi
yaynds.gif
why didn't they make yay3DS emoticon any ways back to the subject

I too got fed up of the stylus being to the right side its about time some corporation acknowledged us lefties and cared

of how feel yeah now the 3DS is my favorite hand held console
smile.gif

Lol, I really doubt they moved it to keep lefties happy. I think they'd rather keep the 90% of people who aren't happy if it was a consideration. Catering to you freaks
wink.gif
didn't help the Lynx now did it?

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
machomuu said:
Nice review, and unbiased too. I'm looking forward to the 3DS, but if there's one thing that really bugs me about it, it's that the circle pad is above the D-Pad, it just doesn't look right nor does it look like it would feel comfortable.

Off-Topic: Happy Birthday
hrth.gif
toot.gif
I'm guessing they put the circle pad above the d-pad because it is intended to be used more. Most of the games on the 3DS will probably require heavier use of the circle pad than the d-pad and hence it's placement where it's easiest to reach.

DSman59

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just adapt to using your left hand for more precise tasks than holding something. I'm right-handed and it took me just a few months of practise and now I can write with my left hand easily
tongue.gif

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
DSman59 said:
Just adapt to using your left hand for more precise tasks than holding something. I'm right-handed and it took me just a few months of practise and now I can write with my left hand easily
tongue.gif
Just a few months? That's a lot!
tongue.gif

Just because the stylus is on the left side doesn't mean we HAVE to use the left hand to take it out right? How hard can it be to reach behind the 3DS and pull it out with the right hand?

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The Pi said:
When I tried it I already had a headache after a rather long exam (not the smartest thing to do though
tongue.gif
)
It didn't seem to make it any worse using, however I got a bit disoriented moving it about playing face raiders, not sure if it was due to the 3D or already being a bit dizzy.

Oh, and for though with bad eyesight, the 3D is fine
wink.gif

Last thursday I was playing around with the 3DS for nearly two hours with max 3D on. My friend started to feel tired after somewhat 30 minutes, I however didn't feel a scratch and was really comfortable, I swear I could have played for another 24 hours XD

I'm quite contented that I know I don't suffer from any headaches or eye strains with 3D.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I don't have problems with 3D, so the motion sickness shouldn't be a problem. But with those drawbacks (short stylus, bad stick positioning) I'll wait for the lite version of 3DS (even though designers said it was a little difficult, with the desires of Nintendo to make more cash, it will be released)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necron N.N said:
I don't have problems with 3D, so the motion sickness shouldn't be a problem. But with those drawbacks (short stylus, bad stick positioning) I'll wait for the lite version of 3DS (even though designers said it was a little difficult, with the desires of Nintendo to make more cash, it will be released)
Wait for "lite" because of the stylus/stylus placement? That make no sense especially because it doubtful they change those things.

If the extendable stylus isn't enough buy a separate stylus.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
KingVamp said:
Necron N.N said:
Wait for "lite" because of the stylus/stylus placement? That make no sense especially because it doubtful they change those things.
Me means the C-Pad being in an "uncomfortable" place.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
KingVamp said:
Necron N.N said:
Me means the C-Pad being in an "uncomfortable" place.
And you think they are going to change this "uncomfortable" place?

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
IM sure the 3DS will be great in its second or third revision...ill most likely skip the initial model as well as the fisrt revision unless its much greater.

The bottom screen smaller than the DSi is a major step back.

And the thing I hate about nintendo is that everything is made for childrens hand size...the DS (except for the XL) as well as the Gamecube controller hurt my hands after holding them to long. The aftermarket gamecube controller are much better.

If Nintendo persist in making so many item in kids size at least release and adult size item in tandem with it...

Anyways, this hands on confirm what i was thinking and it will be really ez to wait a year or two before i get one since i have so much great games left to play already ^^

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Necron N.N said:
I'll wait for the lite version of 3DS (even though designers said it was a little difficult, with the desires of Nintendo to make more cash, it will be released)

i don't see how they could make it much smaller. its already, pretty much, the size of the ds lite. i think the next version will be bigger like the XL was.

QUOTE(MarkDarkness @ Mar 13 2011, 08:19 AM) So... in summary... it sucks but you hope the 3DS 2 will fix its problems.

not at all. they are limited by what the screen can do, its a first of its kind publically released technology. the 3d effect was really great, works really well, and makes you feel like the screen is 6 inches deep. but there is a "sweet spot" which is a limitation of the technology not a limitation of the design. its going to be a toss up how people feel about it. i think most will buy it just because and the rest will debate if they want it for 3d or if they will just buy it because its a new nintendo handheld with new features and new games. i think the people who refuse to buy it because the 3D isn't *perfect* will be a very small majority.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later