don´t know if I can update emunand to 11.2

if anyone can help!

thanks

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hate to break it to you, but you will have to switch to Luma3DS. On 3ds.guide there are detailed instructions how to get from 4.4 to 11.6 with boot9strap. Gateway stopped support after 11.2 and Metroid requires 11.4...
Backup your saves with JKSM before switching or they won't be usable anymore.

Last edited by Wuigi,

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hate to break it to you, but you will have to switch to Luma3DS. On 3ds.guide there are detailed instructions how to get from 4.4 to 11.6 with boot9strap. Gateway stopped support after 11.2 and Metroid requires 11.4...
Backup your saves with JKSM before switching or they won't be usable anymore.

thanks for the quick reply, maybe I switch to luma, It´s a shame gateway not having support anymore

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can confim that the game works on Gateway.

I am running Gateway in A9HL mode and B9 in my other 3DS.

My gateway emunand is on 11.4.

I used a ctrTransfer pack to update/downgrade my EMUNAND to 11.2. That's the last official supported version by Gateway. At this point take a backup of your emunand.

However you CAN get partially newer versions.
After that I manually partially update my emunand to 11.4. Since there are few titles that preventing Gateway to launch the emunand. I can't remember exactly wich titles that prevents Gateway from loading.But I can tell wich titles are safe to update and needed for Newer games

Yes, you also can partially update your emunand to 11.6 but I didn't had the time to do this.

I also got a similar issue in the past. I wasn't able to launch my physical cartridge of Fire Emblem Echoes since it needed 11.4 in order to play the game. Now I can play the game and I still are able to use my gateway.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
In Maxconsole, I heard that it works on Gateway Emunand 11.2. The legit cart and the ROM. I believe Gateway has its own firmware bypass code. Just update your emunand by grabbing the CIAs from 3DNUS.

http://www.maxconsole.com/threads/metroid-samus-returns.45459/
There's an easier way. @peke Get a ROM from your 3DS region with 11.2 on it (look on www.3dsdb.com and type in 11.2 in the box)
Go into the Gateway menu (hold L while booting Gateway) and hold D-Pad Up then select Boot Gateway Mode. That disables update blocking, attempting to play the 11.2 ROM afterwards will prompt you to update, go through with the update. Make sure you're in emuNAND first (the multiROM menu when pressing select will tell you)

However you might want to look into installing B9S as it's a far more up to date and superior entrypoint and allows cold booting Gateway/CFW and dual booting Gateway and Luma3DS CFW (I'm guessing you use the DS profile exploit which is really outdated now)
To upgrade to B9S you need to follow http://3ds.guide/ but don't move emuNAND to sysNAND when it tells you to as using Gateway on sysNAND is not recommended. Also don't update your 3DS when it asks you to, as Gateway is incompatible with the latest firmware.
Once that is done you can follow https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-gateway-on-b9s.431691/ to regain Gateway access.

If you don't need Gateway's cheat system then it might be a good idea to ditch it completely. Once you have this dual boot setup you can easily ditch Gateway but moving your saves across to CIA format can be a hassle, to move your saves across to CIA format games more easily you can use this tool: https://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-save-export-helper.465503/
There is a spoofed version that runs on 11.2, look at "that ISO site"
Gateway has kernel version spoofing built in so it shouldn't need a spoofed version.

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
thanks all for the support, 3dnus for mac crashes, on windows emulator on mac I have xp. I check on this site and download 11.2.0-35U(Full).zip, can anyone guide me to how to upgrade emunand?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I´m doing this right now!!!!!

did what the real jdbye says and get black screen for now

DavidKang

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks all for the support, 3dnus for mac crashes, on windows emulator on mac I have xp. I check on this site and download 11.2.0-35U(Full).zip, can anyone guide me to how to upgrade emunand?

I´m doing this right now!!!!!

did what the real jdbye says and get black screen for now

Did you make sure you updated to 11.2 of your region? Also, Gateway mode sometimes doesn't start so try rebooting.

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It finaly worked!!!!!!!!!! thank U all, Poochy & Yoshi's Woolly World update my emunand to 11.2 & spoofed version of samus returns works like a charm!

thank U!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Quantumcat

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You should still follow 3ds.guide to install B9S and update your SysNAND to 11.6 with Luma. You can keep the Gateway EmuNAND and dual-boot if you follow a guide available right here on GBATemp

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
by now I play all the games I want, but please send me the link so I give it a check.

By the way, I have and original 3ds xl, I´m looking to upgrade to n3ds xl but don´t know if the stable 3d effect is worth so. Can somebody compare this 2 and give me an answer if is worth it?

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
by now I play all the games I want, but please send me the link so I give it a check.

By the way, I have and original 3ds xl, I´m looking to upgrade to n3ds xl but don´t know if the stable 3d effect is worth so. Can somebody compare this 2 and give me an answer if is worth it?
If you want it for the new processor and ram get the new 2ds xl

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I haven't updated my emunand in awhile.I'm on v10 how do I get to 11.2 since that's the last version gateway supports if there up to 11.6 already?? And I got 2 versions of metroid....one is .3ds decrypted the other is a.cia non decrypted.Will either of these work with emunand 11.2??thanks

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok I haven't updated my emunand in awhile.I'm on v10 how do I get to 11.2 since that's the last version gateway supports if there up to 11.6 already?? And I got 2 versions of metroid....one is .3ds decrypted the other is a.cia non decrypted.Will either of these work with emunand 11.2??thanks
  1. Get a Yoshi's Wooly World rom and put it on your Gateway mSD
  2. Take out the Gateway cartridge and boot into Gateway how you normally would
  3. Put the Gateway cartridge back in
  4. Navigate to the boot Gateway mode option
  5. Hold Up on the D-pad while selecting that option
  6. Try to play Yoshi, and you'll be updated.

Reactions: Garou and iLL wiLL

iLL wiLL

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. Get a Yoshi's Wooly World rom and put it on your Gateway mSD
  2. Take out the Gateway cartridge and boot into Gateway how you normally would
  3. Put the Gateway cartridge back in
  4. Navigate to the boot Gateway mode option
  5. Hold Up on the D-pad while selecting that option
  6. Try to play Yoshi, and you'll be updated.

Thank you for your help much appreciated

Reactions: Quantumcat

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the last time I updated anything 3ds or Gateway was about a year ago, give or take, but Metroid seems to work fine. No CFW or anything, just regular Gateway. Sysnand on 4.5.0-10, emunand on 10.2.0-28, gateway on Ultra 3.7.1, place I got the ROM didn't say it was hacked or anything. O3dsXL.

This thread honestly had me worried a little, but I just tried the game and it seemed to work fine up to the 1st save point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or more like...