3DS Gateway All Saves Corrupting

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by LinuxPoser, Feb 16, 2015.

1. LinuxPoser
    OP

LinuxPoser Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    So I finally bit the bullet, updated my emuNAND to 9.5 and downgraded my 3DS XL to 4.2. Everything seemed to be working fine until I started to boot some ROMs.

They were all detected fine, and I started up a game. Played it for a little while, saved it, then exited the game to the home screen. After this, I went back into the game, and it claimed the save data was corrupted.

I opened a different ROM, and the same thing occurred. This has happened to me with 3 different games.

Any ideas? The SD card in the machine is not locked. Both games that had been opened previously, and games I had never opened before both claimed to be corrupted.

2. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    You downgraded, so all of your saves are now using an incompatible encryption (6.x) with your sysnand version (4.x).

Easiest option is to delete your saves and start your games over.

3. LinuxPoser
    OP

LinuxPoser Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    I tried doing it with games that had never had saves before, and they also corrupt.

4. Oishikatta

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    You created the emunand from a non-downgraded system, then downgraded, correct?

I'm not aware of whether or not that is supposed to work, so it may not be the issue. Assuming you're fine with losing the saves, I would next try creating a new emunand from your downgraded sysnand and updating that emunand to 9.5.

5. LinuxPoser
    OP

LinuxPoser Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    So would I just format Emunand again and then update it?

6. Oishikatta

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    Yes, that's what I would suggest trying next. You can use a separate SD card if you want to keep your old one as well.

7. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    I doubt that if it's an SD card quality problem.

8. LinuxPoser
    OP

LinuxPoser Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    That fixed it Oishikatta, thank you.

9. davhuit

davhuit GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 23, 2005
    France
    No. Both emunand (gateway mode) use the same encryption for the saves, whatever the exploit (4.x or 9.x). Classic mode use a different encryption (4.x exploit use the 6.x encryption when 9.x exploit use a recent encryption, compatible with newer retail carts).

So it's more probably a bug or something like that (which seems to be confirmed as he said even games without saves before have the problem).