Hacking 3DS Gateway All Saves Corrupting

LinuxPoser

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally bit the bullet, updated my emuNAND to 9.5 and downgraded my 3DS XL to 4.2. Everything seemed to be working fine until I started to boot some ROMs.

They were all detected fine, and I started up a game. Played it for a little while, saved it, then exited the game to the home screen. After this, I went back into the game, and it claimed the save data was corrupted.

I opened a different ROM, and the same thing occurred. This has happened to me with 3 different games.

Any ideas? The SD card in the machine is not locked. Both games that had been opened previously, and games I had never opened before both claimed to be corrupted.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You downgraded, so all of your saves are now using an incompatible encryption (6.x) with your sysnand version (4.x).

Easiest option is to delete your saves and start your games over.

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You created the emunand from a non-downgraded system, then downgraded, correct?

I'm not aware of whether or not that is supposed to work, so it may not be the issue. Assuming you're fine with losing the saves, I would next try creating a new emunand from your downgraded sysnand and updating that emunand to 9.5.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No. Both emunand (gateway mode) use the same encryption for the saves, whatever the exploit (4.x or 9.x). Classic mode use a different encryption (4.x exploit use the 6.x encryption when 9.x exploit use a recent encryption, compatible with newer retail carts).

So it's more probably a bug or something like that (which seems to be confirmed as he said even games without saves before have the problem).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Boo I thought that was a rejection comment