Gaming 3DS GAMEZZZZ!!

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elvarg said:
you know how nintendo has said that old ds games will be playable on the 3DS right i just thought because old ds games would work wouldent ds/dsi flashcarts work aswell.
No.

I'm pretty sure the anti-piracy on the 3DS is smart enough to catch DS flashcarts.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Slyakin said:
Elvarg said:
you know how nintendo has said that old ds games will be playable on the 3DS right i just thought because old ds games would work wouldent ds/dsi flashcarts work aswell.
No.

I'm pretty sure the anti-piracy on the 3DS is smart enough to catch DS flashcarts.
Especially R4's

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Elvarg said:
nutella said:
Possibly, possibly not. My guess is at first, it won't, but I'm sure in time there will be updates to make it work. This is, however, irrelevant to 3DS flashcarts.

hope theres an update for somthing like that.
What, the 3DS or DS? DS flashcarts working on the 3DS does not affect the development of 3DS flashcarts (AFAIK).

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory the background os (runs the start menu and other things) would be able to stop you from running homebrew....(dsi cart only looks like a real game till it starts running homebrew)

D

Deleted_171835

No.
rolleyes.gif

I do wonder how the 3DS has backward compatibility with DS games. Is it in the hardware or is it an emulator running on the 3DS?

Fear Zoa said:
In theory the background os (runs the start menu and other things) would be able to stop you from running homebrew....(dsi cart only looks like a real game till it starts running homebrew)
And why is that?
Homebrew on the Wii works fine even when I go to the Home menu.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
SoulSnatcher said:
No.
rolleyes.gif

I do wonder how the 3DS has backward compatibility with DS games. Is it in the hardware or is it an emulator running on the 3DS?

Fear Zoa said:
And why is that?
Homebrew on the Wii works fine even when I go to the Home menu.
I think she's thinking about the "multi-tasking" claim of Nintendo's has something do to with the anti-piracy measures.
Like Nintendo have a piracy check running 24/7 in the background say.

Nintendo confirmed that DS and DSi games will not have the home menu function.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Real reason Nintendo 3DS was delayed was to tighten the security. The thing about possibly not being able to produce enough systems was probably true but in reality a cover
ninja.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.